Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Duping non stackable item?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raziel240
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Duping non stackable item? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here and so far this forum helped me a lot in many situations. However, now I'm stuck in a situation where I want to duplicate an item that can't be stacked. It's like this: The item I want to duplicate is a golden medal and the "Medal Count" shows 0 when I have it in the inventory. But when I move it in the stash, the medal count shows 1. (Basically, I can't buy anything when the medal is in my inventory) I tried to scan for 1, 0, 1, 0 but got nothing. I also tried with multiple medals. How do I find out its value and freeze it in place so that when I move the item into another slot, it would stay in the first slot and create a duplicate into the second slot?
justa_dude
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try coming at it from another side. Map out the inventory structure with items that do stack, then try to figure out how to change some other inventory item or empty spot into a medal.
raziel240
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately this method wouldn't work. I forgot to mention that no items in the game can be stacked. Everything is seperate. And the space is limited. I'm just trying to get the item ID. I tried to look in the folder for a file which contains this ID but didn't find anything. It contained the item in one of the files. But (Yet again) it didn't show the ID. It is frustrating after a while.
raziel240
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

Now I've been looking for an unknown value when the item was in my inventory. After putting it back to stash, I searched for decreased value. And I searched for increased value when it was back in my inventory.
And so on until I got 133 values with pretty much random numbers.
I can't figure out which of them could be the item since all of these values were the same after moving it to stash and back to the inventory.
Any suggestions? (Could F6 every single value. But that would just take too much time. And I don't have all day. Just like everybody here. Razz)

And by the way. I scanned with 2 Bytes.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If each item has a specific slot, you could search for 1-byte values of 0 or 1 for not-having versus having?

Otherwise if you can find the item IDs in any way, the inventory might be a list of item IDs (followed by something to mark the end of the inventory).

Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestion. After a few tries here and there I finally was able to change common items into the rare item. It worked with the 1 byte trick. My inventory was completely empty and I found the item using 1 and 0 and after finding out what writes the value when I change it, I got the ID of the item.
Thanks again~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: