Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PtrScnr-Nonstatic base address/how to provide first offsets?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grasmanek94
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: PtrScnr-Nonstatic base address/how to provide first offsets? Reply with quote

When selecting 'Base address must be between...', then the option 'only find paths with static address' is being checked and greyed out, but I don't want a static path? How can I achieve that?

I already have a static base like

[[[MODULE.exe + 0x2220] + 0x0] + 0x3450]

Now I want to get the resulting address, uses that as base, and find a path to address Y. so from

[[[MODULE.exe + 0x2220] + 0x0] + 0x3450] ? -> ? Address Y

But ofcourse [[[MODULE.exe + 0x2220] + 0x0] + 0x3450] is not a static address so I get always 0 found paths.

So I can provide a base address of [from [MODULE.exe + 0x2210] to [MODULE.exe + 0x2230], but then I cannot provide the first two offsets, I can only provide the last offsets which I don't know? How can I provide that first offsets are 0 and 0x3450? Else I have to provide just base address, and make the maximum offset (decimal)0x3450, but this will make the scan insanely long because it will try to go at each level to those offsets!

How can I do what I want?

So in short:
- I need to provide a nonstatic base address but pointer scanner won't accept this
- So I want to give the pointer scanner what it wants - a static base address, but then I cannot provide the first two offsets
- This means that I have to make my maximum offset value very large because second offset is crazy big (like 0xEE00FE in reality!)
- but that means ALOT of useless / not needed paths will be scanned and I will maybe effectively use like 0,001% of those performed scanning
- to get to the very usefull scans it will take literally forever with such offsets... even on level 4 (I need level 7 exactly)
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as I know the option "only find paths with a static address" is completely ignored when you specify a specific base, so the state of that entry should be ignored as well.

Anyhow, I think the structure spider is what you want.
Find the current address of [[[MODULE.exe + 0x2220] + 0x0] + 0x3450] and put that in the base region (or the address it points to)

And fill in "Pointer must be in tange" and fill in there twice addressY, so it scans for pointers from that base address that lead to AddressY

Now next time the game restarts, find the address of [[[MODULE.exe + 0x2220] + 0x0] + 0x3450] again, and filter out the paths that don't point to the new AddressY

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
grasmanek94
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah that solved everything, thank you Very Happy

Suggestion for next version: Make adjustable offsets per level (like min max) for the spider and in pointer scanner allow first offsets to be given Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: