Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is "Reset Range" bugged in Memory Scan Options?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
h3x1c
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Is "Reset Range" bugged in Memory Scan Options? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if it's intentional or a bug that selecting "reset range" will reset the range in the Start/Stop boxes, but when you attempt a new scan, it still scans the custom range defined prior to the reset.

The "fix" is to just copy/paste the numbers from the reset as if I was manually entering them, but I could also see why this might be a requirement, not a bug.

I should also probably note that I'm using mgr.inz.Player's latest CE build.

Not a big deal or anything, but just wanted to mention it just in case!

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the range gets set in the current scan when first scan is clicked. the fields are ignored after that (and should be disabled)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
h3x1c
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
the range gets set in the current scan when first scan is clicked. the fields are ignored after that (and should be disabled)

That's the thing, though; it's not doing that for me.

For example, let's say I click to do a new scan after having set a custom range for a previous scan. Prior to clicking "First Scan," I right-click and select to reset the range. Then, I click "First Scan." Let's say I'm searching for 100. The results that show are still from the custom range I had defined before resetting the values.

Even if I click to do another new scan, then click "First Scan" again with the full range of addresses showing in the Start/Stop boxes, the actual results are still from the custom range I had previously set.

Until I manually enter the new values in each box, they don't actually appear to be set just from selecting "Reset range." I do see the appropriate numbers in the boxes as though the range has been reset, but CE still does my scans per the previous custom range I had set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: