Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBVM Crash: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadingVaz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: DBVM Crash: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Reply with quote

I'm trying to enable DBVM to exploit a game but whenever I do so it gets a BSOD saying "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"
Is there a way to fix this or is my PC not supported Question Somewhere I read that I need to close loads of processes to not crash?

jgoemat
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your error I'm not sure. Do you have an intel processor? I don't know if DBVM supports others. Having Hyper-V installed makes CE say that your system doesn't support DBVM so you can't even try, but that's on Intel.

I only get the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bsod and I know that's due to the number of cores, apparently there's chance when offloading any single core to DBVM to get this error so the more cores you have the more likely you'll get the bsod. With a quad-core (hyperthreaded so 8 logical cores) it almost always causes the error. I change the number of processors that windows will use in system settings to '2' and I don't crash very often. This also only occurs the first time you use DBVM after rebooting so once you use it you're safe until you reboot. I don't know if it could be a different error on AMD.
hhhuut
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you activate DBVM with the CE-AboutBox or do you even boot up your computer with DBVM?
ShadingVaz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhhuut wrote:
Do you activate DBVM with the CE-AboutBox or do you even boot up your computer with DBVM?

I activate with the CE about box. Where can I download the file to burn to a CD?

Quote:
For your error I'm not sure. Do you have an intel processor? I don't know if DBVM supports others. Having Hyper-V installed makes CE say that your system doesn't support DBVM so you can't even try, but that's on Intel.

I only get the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT bsod and I know that's due to the number of cores, apparently there's chance when offloading any single core to DBVM to get this error so the more cores you have the more likely you'll get the bsod. With a quad-core (hyperthreaded so 8 logical cores) it almost always causes the error. I change the number of processors that windows will use in system settings to '2' and I don't crash very often. This also only occurs the first time you use DBVM after rebooting so once you use it you're safe until you reboot. I don't know if it could be a different error on AMD.

As for you I have an Intel Processor with Core Two Duo, and I never get CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. It only comes up with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Does this mean my laptop doesn't support it?

hhhuut
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, with only 2 cores you shouldn't have a problem.

As for the file, it's located in the CE-installation direcotry and is called "vmdisk.img"
ShadingVaz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhhuut wrote:

As for the file, it's located in the CE-installation direcotry and is called "vmdisk.img"

The vmdisk.img couldn't be burned lol but I found a DBVM iso and it works perfectly!

jgoemat
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadingVaz wrote:
hhhuut wrote:

The vmdisk.img couldn't be burned lol but I found a DBVM iso and it works perfectly!

Where did you find the ISO? I was able to burn the image but it crashes every time I try to boot with it. I'd love to be able to use all my cores and DBVM at the same time... The error I get is a windows one and happens when different cores are in VM mode and not at the same time, starting the VM before loading windows should fix that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: