Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Access Violation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tristan
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Access Violation Reply with quote

Cheat Engine used to work fine without problems. Now I can no longer run (and close) it without memory access violation. Sometimes CE remains in memory even long after I close it. The only way to prevent it from running in the background after closing it is to end it through Task Manager. But the most annoying problem is the memory access violation. Used to be fine, but now when closed CE shows a warning, "An unhandled exception occurred at ($address) EAccessViolation: Access Violation".

I tried clean uninstalling CE including removing all registry entries and clean installing it but to no avail. The "CE keeps running in the background" issue seems to occur less if I extracted the autosave update to the CE folder but no matter what I do the memory access violation can no longer stop. I've tried testing all the RAM modules installed by running MemTest overnight and got clean result (no errors). Windows Memory Diagnostics also produced the same result. SFC /scannow didn't detect any corrupted or missing system files.

I ran out of idea. I give up. Dark Byte or anybody could help me with this issue?

Some things to consider:

- Windows installation is new/fresh from clean install, running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit and is updated until February 2015.

- CE installed was downloaded from the main page, including all the improved files/features like DotNet and mono data collector and save session.

- No anti-virus is installed. Only Windows Defender running in the background and never detected any malicious files or settings, especially when CE is being installed/ran.

- Run Malwarebytes on daily basis. No infections or malicious files detected.

- SFC /scannow does not detect any corruptions or missing files.

- Unfortunately I could not remember what I did before this problem occured the first time. I'm just loading tables, running scripts and sometimes using debugger. Basically harmless things to do. Or am I wrong?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try setting a manual scanfolder in setting perhaps your windows tempdir is troublesome (ce has issues with foreign chars)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Tristan
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
try setting a manual scanfolder in setting perhaps your windows tempdir is troublesome (ce has issues with foreign chars)

Thank you. I do use Japanese Windows 8.1 Pro. It helps a bit, although some tables can produce access violation warnings when CE is closed. I'm still curious because it just occured recently. The first times I installed and ran CE I didn't get any access violation warning when closing CE. And CE didn't even remain in the background after I closed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: