Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fight the Dragon is driving me nutz (Short drive)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilted_Brainz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Fight the Dragon is driving me nutz (Short drive) Reply with quote

Hello, I made a post in the requests forum, but this is probably a better place to ask this? I have been messing with Fight the Dragon v1.01 (build 5.6) Steam version. It is a fun game, but there is an option to play user made maps. Sometimes you get some loo loo's that are impossible to finish, and I wanted to make an HP freeze for myself.

I have used CE for quite a few games with awesome success, but this game has me quite stumped. My HP is shown as 103/103. I have tried the standard address scan ( scan Exact Value 4Byte, take dmg, scan), the increase/ decrease, as well as the invincibility while blinking scans.

I have read through all the tutorials to no avail. I know it has to be my lack of knowledge of something, so I don't want anyone to make me a script or trainer, just point me in an appropriate direction to get an HP freeze. There are a few trainers out there, so I know it is possible. They just add content patches on a regular basis that make the available trainers broken. I am not going to pay a site $89 for a lifetime membership for a trainer either.

There are a lot of ppl on this site that have this stuff nailed. I want to leech your brains a bit to see why this game is different to hack than others. So in a nutshell. I want to be able to scan for HP and freeze it. With the amount of patches, it would be nice to know so I can make a new table when it updates.

Thank You
chem0ne
Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey @Wilted_Brainz,

try scantype: "exact value" valuetype: "all".
- why "all"? because you don't know in which type is the hp.

ex: would you know the max. value of the hp. like: 255. can find it only in valuetype: byte because byte is dec:0-255 / hex:00-FF.

or try: "unknown initial value" valuetype: "all".

regards

Wilted_Brainz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for responding. I have tried scanning Byte, 4Byte, Float, Double. The game in itself has a staging area when you start it up. Basically a spot where your toon can walk around and choose what to do by going to a sign and interacting with it. The trainers that I have seen by mrantifun basically say go to the "Adventure" sign, Start an adventure. When in the adventure, activate the trainer. Makes sense due to the fact that when in the staging area, you don't have an HP bar.

My HP in game is 103/103 HP. I scan 103 (Byte, Exact Value), pops up a 800k + values. I take dmg now 76/103, scan has 33 addresses found. Take dmg now 70/103 scan and no addresses found. The same results happen when I scan 4Byte and so on.

Any other ideas?

Thank You
chem0ne
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said, no one knows how exactly the developers programmed this part.
so it can be that the health is shown as 103 or 1000 or whatever
but in code structure it can be 6000-xxxxx value.
which can only found by scantype: "unknown initial value"
valuetype: "all" and repeat: scantype: "changed values".

so, i'll hope you understand what i mean: just don't trust everything you see.

---EDIT:
btw. which game genre is it? multiplayer game? because i've seen video from devs.

regards

Wilted_Brainz
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is a single player game with the option to play coop with a few friends. I tried the coop and it is not my thing. There is no paid content dlc's or anything. Basically an indie game made by 3 Sprockets. The one thing I can think of that would be giving me problems is that it is made by Unity Engine. I did do some more tinkering with it yesterday.

I did an Exact scan, Bytes for 103. Got like 2 million results. I then changed it to Decrease Value and took dmg, scan, took more, scan, then when I got too low on HP, I let it regen and changed it to Increase Value, scan, scan. I finally got about 14 results that were changing red text numbers that were random values. I did see 5 numbers in black text that said 103 for both the previous and new value. I right clicked the address and selected "Find what accesses this address". I then took dmg and hit "Stop". Now this is where I sort of get lost on this stuff.

I read the one tutorial on the dissecting structures tool. That 103 I put in the disassembler tool had something like mov (eax +10)al something like that. I selected that one and as per the tutorial, looked for the ESI address below in the window. Added the ESI to the dissecting tool and found a pointer that I added as an address to freeze then the game crashed.

I am not a dumbazz on things, but this old azz guys computer coding was limited to some basic Radio Shack TRS80 computers. lol I know it is sad. Don't make me write a program that scrolls your name down a cmd screen Razz

I am not THAT bad at computers. I am just not a code savy person. I do want to learn what I can because I love gaming.

Smiles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: