Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very Popular problem :/

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrVirus
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Very Popular problem :/ Reply with quote

ok , so i've found that recent games are doing some SSDT Hooks [to prevent cheat engine from reading the memory]

so i've found which drivers are doing that [they are kernel modules ]

i removed them using a software , and cheat engine was reading the memory normally , but once the game has closed , i got "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" on my pc ...

so the problem is , i want to suspend the drivers instead of unloading them so that i won't get that stupid pc crash anymore...

The Game Hooks are NTOpenprocess & WriteProcessMemory [at least that's what i've found]

so , my question is : Is There any way to suspend the drivers without affecting on my pc ? and yes i am 64 bit already ...
Gniarf
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Very Popular problem :/ Reply with quote

DrVirus wrote:
once the game has closed , i got "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" on my pc
I assume you quit the game using the normal quit button from inside the game, which may cause it to try to do kernel stuff that result in a bsod. What happens if you forcefully quit it with this script?
Code:
[ENABLE]
createthread(ExitProcess)

[DISABLE]
It should immediately terminate the process without letting it do the "cleanup"...
zm0d
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try out to remove the hooks with GMER (http://www.gmer.net/) and see if this works. Also, you can't hook WriteProcessMemory over the SSDT because it's not a kernel mmode function. NtWriteVirtualMemory is the actual function, to use in kernel mode.
DrVirus
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already tried GMER , it restores the hooks but the bad news is that the kernel drivers [wolfk.sys] keeps hooking them back , like a looping is occurred ....

and no , i am exiting the game using Force Exit , still shows Blue screen ...

btw , is there any possible way to use Cheat engine in dll mode ?

so that when i inject that dll , cheat engine will be appeared [like a childwindow of the main game ] , because cheat engine will then have full access on the game .
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the kernelmode memory access routines? (Query memory region ,read/write memory, etc...)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
DrVirus
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Have you tried the kernelmode memory access routines? (Query memory region ,read/write memory, etc...)

yeah , i've tried this one , The addresses are visible , however they are Black colored , and i can't find what accesses the address , or even do a pointer scan ...

Note : That i can do the find what access & pointer scans when i unload the drivers that keeps hooking the game ..

so , i got 2 ideas , but i don't know which one is possible :

Loading a fake named driver so that the game checks for it and processes without problems [however i don't know exactly how to do that ]

the second idea , is the cheat engine in dll Mode [which i think is possible] because i've seen a scanner before called {IPromise Memory scanner} or something like that ..
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using 6.4? It has a fix for the lack of symbols (unless it changes the usermode code of ce as well, in which case you may want to inject some scripts into ce itself to bypass those hooks)

a dll could work, but you'll be spending a lot of time to make it work (needs big parts to be rewritten)

a fake sys might work.

Anyhow, the main issue is that your system BSOD's when the game closes, and for the rest it functions well. In my opinion that is a full success

Also, if you can use the pointerscanner and debugger, use that to find what you need. Then instead of using static addresses, use AOBscan's to find what you need (e.g aobscan the moduleheader of the module you're interested in and handle that as the base module)

Last edited by Dark Byte on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrVirus
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
Are you using 6.4? It has a fix for the lack of symbols (unless it changes the usermode code of ce as well, in which case you may want to inject some scripts into ce itself to bypass those hooks)

a dll could work, but you'll be spending a lot of time to make it work (needs big parts to be rewritten)

a fake dll might work.

Anyhow, the main issue is that your system BSOD's when the game closes, and for the rest it functions well. In my opinion that is a full success

Also, if you can use the pointerscanner and debugger, use that to find what you need. Then instead of using static addresses, use AOBscan's to find what you need (e.g aobscan the moduleheader of the module you're interested in and handle that as the base module)

Thanks for replying , Is there any C++ Source Code that allows me to load Drivers [into 64 bit system] ? Really appreciated if you wrote me some..
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, only in pascal (check ce source, basically register the service and then start it)

But the main issue is everything else
First you must understand that a driver is quite different from a standard dll.
Then figure out how the software communicates with the driver and emulate that
Also, to load a driver in 64 bit you must sign it with your own business class code signing certificate which is not cheap.(If you have a modded windows version where that isn't needed that may also explain why the ssdt hook is allowed)

Perhaps you have more luck denying the driver from getting loaded in the first place (e.g. block file access to it, or a global hook on the api that loads/starts it)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: