Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dolphin and Cheat Engine is not a happy marriage together

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whoareyou
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Dolphin and Cheat Engine is not a happy marriage together Reply with quote

Hello. I am having issue with Cheat Engine is not working well with Dolphin. I did scoured the world to get info on this. I have found two things. Enable Query Memory Region Rountine and Read/Write Process Memory. Which I did that. And Adding two auto assembler such as 2 Byte Big Endian and 4 Byte Big Endian. Which I did as well. But it just didn't work at all. It did found the value that I am looking for, but when I add to the table and attempt to change it, the value instantly changed to ??? without setting the new value. So I found a bunch of addresses that have the same value and attempting to change them crash Dolphin.

I did pause the Dolphin and change the value there and resume Dolphin, it crashed also. I tried array of bytes. It didn't work either. Both is using x64 which I do make sure of that. And I did tried to use CE as Admin. That won't work either.

I could use their Cheat Manager in Dolphin but it not powerful and perfect as Cheat Engine. Cheat Manager kept showing over 80 millions address.

Any helps?
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Dolphin and Cheat Engine is not a happy marriage togethe Reply with quote

whoareyou wrote:
Enable Query Memory Region Rountine and Read/Write Process Memory

Untick those. ( I meant all options in "extra").

In "Scan settings" tick MEM_MAPPED. (so all three types are ticked).

Did you find right address? Maybe you just found a "copy". Imagine that game can have two addresses which keep player health. Lets call them address1 and address2. Address2 is a copy. Now, the game uses this methods:

getPlayerHealth(), setPlayerHealth(), updateStats (), UI_ShowPlayerHealth()

getPlayerHealth - can be called when game want to check if you are dead or not.
setPlayerHealth - when you use medkit or take a damage
updateStats - called 4 times per second or when you use medkit or take damage
UI_ShowPlayerHealth() - called when new frame is rendered

Code:
getPlayerHealth()
{
  (...)
  int returnValue = readInteger(address1 )
  (...)
  return returnValue
}

setPlayerHealth(newValue)
{
  (...)
  writeInteger(address1,newValue)
}

updateStats(struct)
{
  (...)
  struct->address2=getPlayerHealth()
  (...)
  //other things such score, lives, etc.
  (...)
}

UI_ShowPlayerHealth()
{
  (...)
  int ValueToShow =valueOf(struct->address2)
  showOnScreen(ValueToShow, x, y, sizeofText, Color)
  (...)
}

Changing address2 with CE is useless, because it is always overwritten with address1 value, the actual health.
Only changing address1 value is what you want. In other games, health can be any value from 0-10000 (integer), and a copy will be 0.0 - 1.0 (a floating point value). It is just an example, some games have more than 10 copies.

Also, try 1Byte value. Are you trying to find number of lives?

Quote:
value instantly changed to ???

You probably found it in "stack" memory. And that means you found wrong address.

Give us Dolphin version, game name, and what exactly you are looking for, in "Single player cheat request" forum section. Somebody will help you.

Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much. Disabling those options in extra allow me to edit the address. I am trying to find value for two different type of currency in the game. And I successfully edit the address without crashing. Again thank you so much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: