Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Resetting/Stopping Play Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MCHubble
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Help Resetting/Stopping Play Time Reply with quote

Hello,

I would like help learning how to reset/stop the play time for various titles such as Castlevania, Dark Souls/Dark Souls II, Dead Space, Legend of Grimrock, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.

Pretty much any game with a play time. Laughing

Thank you,

MCHubble
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only way I know is creating a new account and buy the game again.
Things like steam store that on the server

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
MCHubble
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm not playing these through Steam or in any way online.

Thank you,

MCHubble
omnidouche
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose you could start with unknown initial value at the beginning of a save, keep scanning for increasing then reload the save and compare it to the original value as unchanged value. That is if the location isn't dynamic between saves and you can pause the game as soon as it is loaded. Or he'll instead of comparing to original and unchanged you could just compare to last scan and do decreased after reloading your save but it'll take more scans that way
MCHubble
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thank you, omnidouche. Smile

Okay, I found what I was looking for in Dark Souls, but it only works until I stop playing that session, then I have to do it all over again the next time I reload the game. How do I find a persistent value that I can use whenever I want to reset/stop the Play Time, like a trainer?

Thank you,

MCHubble
omnidouche
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you've found the value then next comes determining whether or not it's located on a dynamic address or not and since you have already restarted and determined that it is, you move on to either pointers or AOBs. But you also need to make sure that the value you are editing really is the play time rather than just the display for the play time. One way to do this would be to pause the game with CE after finding your address, change the amount to whatever, freeze the record, go back to the game and save, then unfreeze the record and save again perhaps in a different slot for comparison. If your play time reverts back to the original after reloading then it would seem you have found the display value and not the actual value for play time. However if after reloading if your play time starts ticking up starting from the value you changed it to, then you have found the actual value address.

For argument's sake, let's say that you found just the display value. Well all is not lost. Since you have the display value's address there should be some instruction telling that address where it should pull that number from. Now you should start dissecting data/structures (a function in memory viewer) and/or following the opcodes back through "what writes..."/"what accesses..." until you find your add instructions. Here's a great link to a tutorial one of the mods did on dissecting data (www_._ szemelyes integracio ._ hu/ cheats/ 41-game-hacking-articles/ 230-dissect-data-structures) Take out the spaces and underscores as I can't post URLs yet

So you have a good address or instruction and now you want to make it last through sessions. I'm sure there are more ways to do this but I only know how to do two. The first is pointers and the other (and easier IMO) is AOBs. A quick note about pointers though is that what I'm finding is that modern games make even the pointers dynamic so you can't rely on finding the same code every time. Use the forum search function to find "Rydian's Guide To Basic AOBs And Scripts" and "Rydian's Guide To Modern Pointers + AOB To Data". They are very in depth and easy to understand tutorials. I apologize if you know this stuff already but if you haven't seen these topics, they are very useful and will help you make sense of all the voodoo witchcraft that is AutoAssemble. An AOB with a unique signature should find the same exact code every launch and you can use that reference to start scripting. A NOP would just stop the clock from counting or you can write a script that will change the math of the code to equal zero that way you can put the toggle on a hotkey and on every press/enable it will return to zero. Oh and I have no idea how to do LUA scripting or trainer making yet. That's some alien stuff right there.

I am just a novice but this is exactly how I started learning. The forum is full of helpful people and topics so just absorb it all Very Happy
MCHubble
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thank you. Smile

MCHubble
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: