Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Please Alien Isolation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruk!a
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Help Please Alien Isolation Reply with quote

hello everyone before i start i wanna say sorry for my bad english it is not my main ok with that said ive found the address i want for a unlimited flashlight in the game Alien Isolation i change the values and freeze them but the values still continue to change i read some stuff on the forums here talking about see what writes to this address and stop them/replace with code that does nothing but doing this only stops the value from changing and my flash light still shuts off like normal did i not find the correct address to freeze or am i doing something else wrong?? please help anyone and i wanna say thank you to everyone taking their time to read this and or help
Geri

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably you have found the wrong address. Keep searching until you find the correct value.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
Ruk!a
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think ive found the wrong address the ones appear to be a timer of some sort and the other ones are for the battery meter in the bottom left hand corner please help me i cant figure this out ive check all these address did the NOP to disable the code for all the address the values stop moving in cheat engine my battery meter APPEARS to of quit going down in game doesnt move at all yet the flash light still shuts off and i have to reload a battery even tho the meter appears full one value does go to 0 when the flash light shuts off so im guessing this is the actual value i need to mess with but even when disabling the code NOP for it and all other address it still shuts off plz help me someone im new to this and im trying my hardest to learn it but im garbage dunno if it matters but ive done the tutorial lol
Geri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The displayed value is usually not the same as the real value. You have found the displayed value, so on your screen it seems that the cheat is working, but the real value is still decreasing and regardless of what you see on the screen, your cheat is not working at all.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:

Ruk!a
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply back Geri ok so I'm finding the display values how would I go about find the one I need then I'm starting out the scan with a unknow initial value after I have reloaded my battery for the flashlight and know it's at it's peak value then with the all scan cause I don't know if it's a 2 4 float then I turn it on and continue to search for a decreased value until I only find a few and in this case by few I mean a few hundred I narrow it down to 211 address that I can see move and stop and not float around once stopped as I tick the flashlight on and off all with the same values which is 100 srry if this sound complely dumb or stupid and thank you for your help and srry again if this is really huge on phone for a while out of town
Geri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the game, so I don't know how to find it specifically. It could be a decreasing value, but it can also be an increasing value (eg full battery is 0, empty battery is 100), so try both of them. And if that doesn't work either, also try changed/unchanged searches.
I think you should ask in the topics where cheats were posted for the game.

Ruk!a
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill do that thanks for your reply and your help
DarkKnyte
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're searching for it wrong. I was working on the flashlight just last night.

The display meter in games is often independent from the actual value of the variable in question. You are finding the address for the display, and it's not actually freezing the flashlight.

Here's why:

The value for the battery is a float, it fluctuates from 0 (battery full) increasing in value to ~100 (battery empty). The value is a measurement of how much is used versus how much is left.

For me, the address is always in the 0B3xxxxx-0B5xxxxx range.

After working on it all damn day today, I've written an AA script that stops the battery from draining. Had some trouble isolating the right instruction, but I got it eventually.

Code:
[ENABLE]
//code from here to '[DISABLE]' will be used to enable the cheat
alloc(newmem,2048)
label(returnhere)
label(originalcode)
label(exit)

newmem: //this is allocated memory, you have read,write,execute access
//place your code here
mov [esi+0C],(float)1

originalcode:
addss xmm1,[esi+0C]

exit:
jmp returnhere

"AI.exe"+19C5BD:
jmp newmem
returnhere:

[DISABLE]
//code from here till the end of the code will be used to disable the cheat
dealloc(newmem)
"AI.exe"+19C5BD:
addss xmm1,[esi+0C]
//Alt: db F3 0F 58 4E 0C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: