Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am 100% new to Cheat Engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shacks
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: I am 100% new to Cheat Engine Reply with quote

I downloaded Cheat Engine 6.4 so I could use it on Dark Souls 2. I even downloaded some CT file for it from here. I have no idea what I am doing. I tried the tutorial that came with it until like step 2 or 3 when it told me to pick something that wasn't there.

I then went to YouTube and watched a good couple of videos. None told me what I needed. I am completely lost and can not get anything to work right it seems. I am afraid to play around with it too much in fear of breaking it, the game or worse my whole PC.

That is another thing, I am not the smartest person when it comes to PCs. I really only started playing games on it because Steam made it so easy to.

So yeah, any help, please I would greatly appreciate it.
HitIer
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: I am 100% new to Cheat Engine Reply with quote

Shacks wrote:
I downloaded Cheat Engine 6.4 so I could use it on Dark Souls 2.

Welcome to Cheat Engine, if you can post on the forums, then you can use Cheat Engine! It's that simple!

Perhaps this would all be easier to explain through pictures, so I recommend you look up a better tutorial on the internet.

First off, do you need an active internet connection to play the Dark Souls 2 game?

Dark Souls 2 seems to be an action RPG, according to their Wikipedia page.
"The game uses dedicated multiplayer servers"

You can't alter values with a Multiplayer game using Cheat Engine.

Shacks wrote:
I even downloaded some CT file for it from here.

A "CT" file is a "Cheat Table", it's not a trainer in itself, though most (like myself) consider it to be.

You can open the Cheat Table in one of these two ways:

1) Open Cheat Engine (I recommend you get the latest version from the site)
2) Click File
3) Click "Open File"
4) Browse to your Cheat Table and double click it.
5) Alternatively, you can click the yellow folder icon below "Edit", just left of the save button, which itself is left of the loading bar, then browse to your table and open it.

Another way is, to simply double click the CT file, how cool is that! Surprised

That option will only work though, if you have set your file extensions properly, the Cheat Engine installer does that automatically for you, but just in case it didn't, you can use the method above. If, after double clicking, you get "Windows can't open this file", click "select a program from a list of installed programs", click OK, then when you are at the "Open with" window where you have to select your file, click Browse, and then go to the directory where Cheat Engine is installed. Double click the Cheat Engine executable (files with the extension ".exe"), making sure the "always use the selected program to open this file" is ticked, click OK.

Once the Cheat Table is opened, at the bottom you should see a bunch of scripts or addresses, and five rows: Active, Description, Address, Type, and Value. Ticking a box under "Active" would cause a script to become activated, or the value of an address to freeze ("Freeze" is a fancy term for keeping a value constant, meaning it would not change in game and stay the same unless you untick the box)

To get the Table to work, while making sure the Dark Souls 2 game is running, click the blue icon with the magnifying glass on it, click "Window List", then select the Dark Souls II game.

Shacks wrote:
I tried the tutorial that came with it until like step 2 or 3 when it told me to pick something that wasn't there.

Step 2 is "exact value scanning" and Step 3 is "unknown initial value", which one exactly are you struggling with?

Shacks wrote:
I then went to YouTube and watched a good couple of videos. None told me what I needed. I am completely lost and can not get anything to work right it seems.

Don't say that you can't get anything to work right, you managed to download Cheat Engine and the Cheat Table, remember?

What exactly were you looking for? How to run the Cheat Table? Or how to attach the process?

Shacks wrote:
I am afraid to play around with it too much in fear of breaking it, the game or worse my whole PC.

Don't worry, Cheat Engine won't break your PC, but since you're experimenting with a game that may potentially be an online RPG, you run the risk of getting caught by their anti-cheating mechanisms, which would result, at most, in getting you permanently banned from using the game's multiplayer services.

Shacks wrote:

That is another thing, I am not the smartest person when it comes to PCs. I really only started playing games on it because Steam made it so easy to.

So yeah, any help, please I would greatly appreciate it.

You don't need to be a hi-tech computer nerd to use Cheat Engine, anybody can use it, it's very simple.

t328163 wrote:
Your username derives from the fact that this site cannot format special characters lol.

t328163 wrote:

lmfao, on reddit i'd get banned
Shacks
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to separate quotes like you did, so I will just answer the best I can.

Dark Souls 2 is mainly a single player game. it has elements of online, some times people can invade you and you can invade them and it has kind of a PvP thing going on. As far as I know, you can play the game offline. Although I never tried.

I do have the CT file set up so that when I start the game I choose the exe file thing, and double click the CT file and the stuff at the bottom pops up. That is mainly where I am stuck.I can not check all the boxes with the red "X" that I want to. Just the ones that drop down other options to check. For example, I can not check the box for max health. I assume this is do to the address being something like P:0000000 and not a bunch of random letters and numbers. Also the Value is stuck as "??"

I have learned this is things you can do with the "First Scan" and stuff, but not sure how that works because all the videos I have watched basically shows how to do that as creating a table (I assume).

The tutorial lost me at step 3. I found nothing anywhere that said "unknown initial value".

What exactly I am looking to do is be able to run this game with cheat engine so I can finally beat it. I don't know any other way to answer that question.

Thanks
sushiant
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: i cant find "Unknown initial value"! Reply with quote

hi there,i have 6.4 but there is not "Unknown initial value"
is there a way it can work on assassin's creed unity money?and how?
please tell me
tnx
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where it says Exact Value, click on it and then choose Unknown Initial Value. Things like these are called comboboxes or select (if you use php) and they contain a lot of other options other than what is shown.

Start the tutorial that you can find in CE folders. Although i'd recommend you learn how to use Windows if you don't know a combobox to begin with.

Good luck Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: