Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hack won't stay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfrazier28
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Hack won't stay Reply with quote

Hey so I just started using cheat engine last night. I will put the first number in for the money amount, scan, then purchase or sell something, add the next value and get the correct section. When I enter in the new value it changes on the game screen, but then when I buy or sell something else, or try to buy something of that value the money disappears. Any idea on where I am going wrong with this?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cheatengine.org/faq.php
5th question

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
cfrazier28
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I just changed the display value how do I change what the server believes I really have? I suppose this is where I am slightly confused on how to get the money to stick in the game.
abystus
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't. The server is wherever the company is hosting the game for you to connect to. All values are stored on their server, and your client just communicates with it. When you gain money in the game, the sever checks to see if it was a valid action (based on a packet sent along with other checks), and stores the value locally. It then sends a message to you saying you gained or lost x amount of money (updates the value in memory your modifying). There is no way to force the server to update its local value with your modified values since it is a one way street (doesn't work in reverse!).

Example:

1.] You walk around near a coin on the ground (no packet for pickup is sent to server)
2.] You step on the coin, packet is sent to server (server checks the coin id, your x,y,z in comparison to the coin's, and if it matches or is close enough to pick it up then you get the coin)
3.] Server sends a response to you letting you know you collected the coin, and removes the coin from your view in the client.

If you update your money locally, the client doesn't send any packets to the server saying this (you updated a value in memory local to your client). Even if you were somehow able to send a packet saying "I stepped on a coin", it would have to match an existing coin (coin id) already spawned in the game for the check to pass and actually reward you with said coin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: