Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DBK32.DLL error and Open Process error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwahaha
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: DBK32.DLL error and Open Process error Reply with quote

Help me, I'm still newbie with cheat engine, so pardon me if there's many things that I still doesn't know.

So, I want to hack money in Aveyond 2: Ean's Quest. I follow instruction from Labyrnth (I can't enter the url, but the thread's title is "Hacking .rwg files"), but, up until the fifth step, when he said "You are attached to the games process, not the loader." When I click the process with title "Aveyond's 2: Ean's Quest (Version 2)"
I get error message that said "error while opening this process"
when double clicking that.
So apparently, when I search in another thread, the solution said that I must tick Extra -> Enable Open Process. And this is where new problem began. When I tick it, this error message come up:
-DBK32.DLL ERROR- "the driver couldn't be opened! It's not loaded or not responding. I recommend to reboot your system and try again"

I then follow another solution for this, such as reboot my computer, uninstalling my antivirus, reinstalling Cheat Engine, Run as administrator and run in Windows XP compatibility mode, press f8 and enable enforcement unsigned drivers, and also enter this in run mode.:
Quote:
bcdedit /set nointegritychecks ON

But still no result appeared.

I download my cheat engine from download page in this site, So it's definitely not a modified one and I'm currently run Windows 7 32 bit on my pc.

Please help me, I already searching the solution of this problem for many hours without result, I really having a headache right now and it's already past midnight here.

p.s: I want to enter the screenshot and url, but apparently, I can't do that yet
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run the kernelmodule unloader and then reboot and run ce before you run the game

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
mwahaha
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I do it just like you said, when I click Kernelmoduleunloader.exe, it said "The driver is successfully unloaded". After that I restart my pc, but when I open the CE, the same error window "DBK32.DLL Error" still appeared.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run the unloader again. Uninstall ce and reboot
Then reinstall ce. (This deals with windows restoring an old version of dbk32.sys if it was loaded)
Optionally set the option for kernelmode openprocess again if you have reset the settings

After install confirm that dbk32.sys is present in the folder cheat engine is installed in.
If not, your anti virus may have deleted it

Again, make sure no games are running

mwahaha
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I did it wrong here.
First, I checked the open process despite there an error window. Then, I run the unloader, uninstall CE, reboot my PC then reinstall CE. I didn't reset my settings. I also confirm that the dbk32.sys is present in CE folder before running cheat engine, and there are no application running beside CE. I also use compability mode and run as administrator just in case for countermeasure. But, when I open my CE and go to setting then checked open process, the error window still appeared.
It's really frustrating Sad
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get dbgview from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx

Close CE, Run the kernelmodule unloader and start debugview
Then make sure dbgview is set to capture kernel events

When you're sure start cheat engine and post the results

mwahaha
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't use it, I run the debugview as administrator and compability in XP mode, but when I want to checked "capture kernel", there's error message that said "error loading debugview driver: The system cannot find the file specified. Make sure you have the load driver and debug driver privilege in order to monitor kernel-mode debug prints"
Why is this error message appear eventhough I already turn signature checking off using "bcdedit -set nointegritychecks ON" and from F8 during boot?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not run debugview nor ce in compatibility mode

Also, signature checking can not be set with bcdedit, and isn't needed anyhow as both ce and dbgview have signed drivers (Integrity checks are something else)

If that doesn't fix it send your system to someone to fix or reinstall windows as it looks like you have lost ownership of your computer. Something is preventing you to run things as administrator.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: