Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I make a scan not include the results of another scan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sergiusalceanu
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: How do I make a scan not include the results of another scan Reply with quote

I want to change a certain value that only appears once I do something in a game. That value is a small number and the only time it changes is when it's created. What I want to do is scan for the value before it exists, mark all the numbers which aren't what I want, then make it exist and scan again. It would help me lower the amount of values significantly and change what I want to change.

EDIT: If that's confusing, what I want to do is to blacklist addresses. I want to scan for a value, blacklist those, then scan again and only have the ones that have become that value after the blacklist.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the value doesn't change then you can find it through a related value i.e finding it through finding a different element in the structure (e.g speed constant through co-ordinates structure).

If that isn't feasible then you can try debugging/IDA and hope there are references that you can use. With some game engines its really really easy but not with others.

What is the value you are looking for ?

sergiusalceanu
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game I'm trying to do this in has bricks with different sizes (x, y and z size values)
When I create a brick in the game it also gets those values, and I cannot really change the size to find it. My plan would be to scan for the size before creating the brick, creating the brick then seeing what values have that number and aren't in my previous scan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: