Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding Advanced Addreses/Pointers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkx
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Finding Advanced Addreses/Pointers? Reply with quote

Hello, first off I would like to say thank you to Dark Byte and everyone who's helpful with either answering my questions or by writing the great tutorials here.

I was wondering if you could share any tricks to finding even more complex addresses/values than in the tutorials I've seen (like Rydian's Value/Address Finding Examples).

In some trainers that I've seen, they can take advantage of a complex pointer path (usually around a depth of 4 or 5, with highly varying offsets. For example, the pointer path could point to the games' subroutine that sends/receive packets, the subroutine that encrypts/decrypts packets, the subroutine that loads loads assets to do things based on what strings appeared, a variable that is only a certain number while the game is loaded or not, and other nifty, obscure (to me) functions.

My problem is getting to the point where I can even find the function that handles data like that. It's very easy for health/money/etc., but for things like the packet send/receive hook, I'm completely lost

I can't seem to understand a way to find more complex addresses/functions. I've tried searching for what I think might help me find those addresses, but my ideas usually don't pan out. I've also tried dabbling with OllyDbg and IDA but I have no idea what I'm doing in those programs.

It would be immensely useful if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: