Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Memory View

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shapeshifter878
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Question about Memory View Reply with quote

I've been trying for a while to find and edit a particular hex value using Hellgate: London singleplayer. According to a forum user over at hellgateaus.net it should be done like this:

Quote:
Open HGL and press "esc" on your character
In Cheat Engine,
open the hellgate process
"view memory" (button on left middle)
search for the string in question
When you find the correct line, edit the numbers to the desired result (I typed over the remainder of the line, until it went on to the next line, just to be sure)
Leave Cheat Engine running
Switch back to HGL and without going back into the game, save/exit.
When you log back in the changes will be in effect.

I think I have tried most of the search options in Memory View, but nothing seems to work. I've also been through some tutorials, and searched the forum here, but I'm still a bit lost. I have some limited experience with HxD, but unfortunately that doesn't work with HG:L x64.

Any kind of help is most welcome!
proteus1970
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: memory scan option Reply with quote

i have noticed from watching files on Youtube that the memory scan option start and stop have different number that what i have how do i change them to the same value i have tried to with no results
plz help me
Hatschi
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellgate London is a MMO isn't it? This isn't the place to discuss cheating in multiplayer environment and it will never be.
NanoByte
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know the game was abandoned long time ago, only some forums were trying to mode the game to work with emulated servers.
Geri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatschi wrote:
Hellgate London is a MMO isn't it? This isn't the place to discuss cheating in multiplayer environment and it will never be.

Surely not an MMO, because it has offline single player too and the company that made it has gone bankrupt a long time ago.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
Shapeshifter878
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HG:L was discontinued in 2009 I think. I'm trying to reset my skills and attributes by changing the properties of an in-game item. I need to find the following byte sequence:
FF FF FF FF 4A 03 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF. I've given up on Memory View since it doesn't find anything, but by using the scan option in the main window and searching for
4A 03 00 00 about 5 sequences pops up. The problem is that I don't know what to save it as when I have edited one of these sequences. I just want to make changes temporarily so that they disappear when HG:L shuts down.

I'm also trying to change the values by using the Cygnus Hex Editor, modifying the .exe when HG:L is not running. I have found some values, but none of them seems to have any effect yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: