Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official request for future version of CE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danrevella
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Official request for future version of CE Reply with quote

Hi!
I have 2 request for future version of CE:

1) AutoAssembler.
I would like to be supported a template for AOB.

2) Save adresses of a search.
I would like CE does support a sort of "CE-save/restore session"
I'll try to explain better....
F.e. many time happens to me somethingh like this: "AAAAARGHHH!!
I am arrived at the 27^ "next search" and now I understand I was wrong, so I have to restart from the beginning..... If only was possible, I would like to return as I was in the search n. 12. Unfortunelly the actual "scan save result" only permect to me only to compare the actual game situation with the saved scan result..."

In other way, I would like that at any point I may restore a previous saved "search session", in special way when the search are so long and complicate.

In an old post (that at the moment I was unable to retrieve) I have found a "manual" version of what I would like.

The manual solution is pasted here:
Quote:
***I don't remember the name of this clever guy***
Here is working trick i found

1)Close Cheat Engine
2)Press WinKey + R to open Run Menu type "%temp%" (without quotes).
3)Delete Folder named "Cheat Engine" in temp folder. (If you dont find forget this step).
4)Now open Cheat Engine. Open proces & Search you want.
5)Lets say you found 30,000+ results that you want to save scan results.
6)Don't close CE. Now go back to %temp% folder (step 2).
7)Go to folder "Cheat Engine". You find folder that has random letters. (In my case "{BD0612D4-397D-4F77-A225-8644865488D5}"). go to that folder.
8)Copy all files to Desktop. (For example:-ADDRESSES.FIRST,Addresses.tmp,MEMORY.FIRST,Memory.tmp)
9)Lets say you closed CE. And you are finding how to save scanresults.
10)Repeat step 3.
11)Open CE. open process. now you have 0 scanresults. you have to restore previous scan results.
12)Add scan tab.(Ctrl+T). (its important). Now you have 2 scan tabs.
13)Now go to "Cheat Engine" folder (step 7).
14)You found 2 folders named {xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxx-xxxxxx}
15)Paste files (ADDRESSES.FIRST,Addresses.tmp,MEMORY.FIRST,Memory.tmp) that you previously copied to desktop. (copy this files to both folders)
16)Go back to CE. Cycle through tabs. And you are done, you restored your previous scan results.

I really hope this will be implemented in a future version of CE.

Bye to ALL!!!
Hatschi
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 2. What about File -> Save current scan results ?!
danrevella
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatschi wrote:
About 2. What about File -> Save current scan results ?!

The actual option of CE 6.3 only let me to compare the actual memory with a previous saved, but NOt to restore my situation as it was at the time I have saved it...
So f.e if I haved saved at search n.12 and now I am at search n.22, I may only compare the actual situation with the saved n. 12, but I may NOT come back as I was at the search n.12.
I hope to be clear...(my english is terrible...)
Geri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine #2 would take up a LOT of space on the HDD, this could be a reason of why it was not implemented.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
danrevella
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
I imagine #2 would take up a LOT of space on the HDD, this could be a reason of why it was not implemented.

I think that the space wasted on hd may be the same as the actual (working) function of CE "save current scanresult", only working in different way.
I was not clear that I don't wanted save a "process game session" ( in this case the amount on the hd may be really huge), but only a search adressess session.
My english.... my guilty..... Sad
Geri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but that save function is saving only one search, not every search that you make. So if you scan for unknown values in a game that is using let's say 2 GB memory, the size of the temporary files will be epic after a few scans.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:

danrevella
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
Yes, but that save function is saving only one search, not every search that you make. So if you scan for unknown values in a game that is using let's say 2 GB memory, the size of the temporary files will be epic after a few scans.

According with you, but maybe we need save only after a few search, only when we decide to...
I think that in this fashion may be better then the actual "save current scan result", so the user may decide when the time to save is arrived.
Of course this option in my opinion may be important, and will be our responsability only to save when it is necessary.
Even worse maybe my propose is cool only for a newbie and useless for one more expert.
Many time I would like to revert to a previous scan, coz I am inattentive...... Wink
BTW.... a more option is better, who need it use it, the other simple may ignore it....
Geri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I didn't say it's a bad idea, just that it sounds cool in theory, but it will probably eat your hardware. There is a button to "Undo scan" which will revert to the previous scan results and even that feature can be really slow. The same applies to saved scan results. It's not really designed to work with huge memory, more like when you have less than 1 million addresses.

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second it. Sometimes i forget what search type i did before (was it increased/decreased ?) until in the end finding out i messed up at the beginning or middle of search.

The only issue with this could be the values in addresses would have changed (a lot of them actually) and maybe it is hard to filter them. I think DB just couldn't be arsed because it will require a lot of coding and will not be used by many.

I do have a similar feature request though, it would be nice to have a text that says "Last search type: Increased value or X value" so it shows what was the last search that we did. I have a crappy PC and sometimes if the game is particularly heavy, i just tend to other things while the search runs in background and with longer searches, it is easy to forget what was the last search type.

Geri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STN wrote:

I do have a similar feature request though, it would be nice to have a text that says "Last search type: Increased value or X value" so it shows what was the last search that we did. I have a crappy PC and sometimes if the game is particularly heavy, i just tend to other things while the search runs in background and with longer searches, it is easy to forget what was the last search type.

The scan options are "sticky" as in if you scan for decreased value, it will stay that way until you choose another option or you start a new scan.

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geri wrote:
STN wrote:

The scan options are "sticky" as in if you scan for decreased value, it will stay that way until you choose another option or you start a new scan.

I know that, it is kind of hard to explain but this happens only with long searches where the addresses get filtered really slow.

Just a thought though, its not really required and i am sure it happens to me only, i kind of have a sucky memory

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: Something like that is in next version
2: I have uploaded an cheat engine extension that does this

download http://cheatengine.org/download/CEEXT-SaveScanSession.rar and extract it to the base of the cheat engine folder.

It will add two new menu items under the file menu:
Save scan session
Load scan session

Save should only be used when you have an actual address list (so not directly after unknown initial value scan)
Load only works when you have a process open.

it's not as neatly written as I had hoped, as I designed it on the svn build and forgot about a certain bug in 6.3, but it works this way

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Geri

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you include this save scan feature in 6.4, or this is a just a side project?

EDIT: I have made a quick test with CE 6.3 (32-bit) with the tutorial and it's working for me. I didn't try it with bigger processes yet.

EDIT 2: I have tried it with a game too, it has worked, but even though I have saved 3.5M addresses only, it has made a 300MB file and every next scan save has taken up the same amount of space, even when the amount of saved addresses decreased. Still, it works fine, just be prepared with HDD space if you want to save unknown value scans.

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible to filter out the .first extention when saving. But that means compare to first scan won't work

I may include it in next ce, or i could put it on the website as a separate download showing off what cheat engine extentions can do

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
danrevella
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
It's possible to filter out the .first extention when saving. But that means compare to first scan won't work

I may include it in next ce, or i could put it on the website as a separate download showing off what cheat engine extentions can do

Thank you My sweet lord!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: