Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the beginning there was Game Wizard for dos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danrevella
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: In the beginning there was Game Wizard for dos Reply with quote

I remember in 1988 I was a beta tester for Game Wizard dos version....
Nowadays, CE has an impressive number of options, but Game Wizard for dos, had a still unrelease feature: "Save/Load the whole process of the game".
The option were really important coz even if your game does NOT have an internal save feature, you might utilize GW for saving the game at the point you wanted.

So I think....

Is it really umproponible think about a similiar feature in CE?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible, windows has a feature to save the operating system state to disk.
So, if you save the current state of windows to disk and copy that, the next time you restore your windows session from disk you could replace it with an earlier save.
Just make sure your cheat table is on another system as that will most likely be undone as well

In short: If you don't mind having to reboot, then yes

As for process specific, no, that is not possible in a generic method.
Windows does not provide all the data to restore a program, like window handles, file handles, gpu memory blocks, file read pointers

You can do process specific things like copying game specific blocks of memory and restoring that, but that is erxtremely game specific, and will still fail if the game has freed/allocated new memory or gpu objects

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
danrevella
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many Thanks DB Very Happy
BTW, I think that at least we may get CE with a "save/load session search": in other words, an enhanced of the actual function:"Save current scan result", who also in case we have close CE does permict to restart the search were we have let it before, and I means also auto-reopen the same process, and of course enable the "next search" button.
I know that this may don't work coz the memory may not be the same, but f.e. if we have not close the game, but only close CE, I think it may work.
May be this will not be a real necessity option, but in some circustances may be useful.

Please consider it.

p.s. there willl be a template for AOB injection?
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, some virtualization softwares can save and restore the state of a virtual copy of windows and games in them and such.
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
Well, some virtualization softwares can save and restore the state of a virtual copy of windows and games in them and such.

Yeah, you're right, but really what annoying me is a friend of mine in Russia.
He always tell to me:"Artmoney is better... Artmoney support this, CE not..... Twisted Evil Wink
At the age of 57 now I come back like an invidious child of 4.. Very Happy
Geri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artmoney is russian. Wink

Usually when people are saying that Artmoney is better, it turns out that they just don't know how to use CE. Eg they have no idea what is a debugger.

If you are interested in any of my crappy articles/tutorials about CE and game hacking, you can find them here:
http://www.szemelyesintegracio.hu/cheats/41-game-hacking-articles

Don't request cheats or updates.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use Artmoney, then I found CE and found all the stuff it was capable of, and now I can do all sorts of things I can't with Artmoney.

A lot of the things Artmoney has that CE doesn't are really hacky workarounds for major features it lacks, or things that are best done by other tools in the first place (such as virtualization to save/restore a windows program state for the reasons DB mentioned).

Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all you!!! Very Happy
There's nothingh that may be better than CE.
CE Is the TOP!!
Btw, I still have some problems in understanding the possibility of utilizing CE in conjunction with a virtual solution like f.e Sandiebox.
We speak about a situation where the game run virtualizez, but not as a real VM program (Virtualbox f.e.), and we don't have to open the process of the game, but the process of the virtualized program, am I right?
And in this situation is it possible to save the "state" of the game?
And even worse, does exist more then one software solution for this kind of virtualization?
Many thank!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: