Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I hack a text-based browser game in the following manner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IP92
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Can I hack a text-based browser game in the following manner Reply with quote

Hey,
so I have this text based browser game, which I would like to automate. Specificly, what I would like it to do, is periodically, every 8 hours, log into my account, insert some values into some forms, click some buttons, maybe calculate inbetween those actions and use the calculation results to insert something, and all this preferably whether my pc is turned on or off, so ideally it should go on indefinitely. Is it possible? If yes, how?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A game? Doubtful.

Better off using a macro in conjunction with task scheduler, but if calculations are random, they will have to be programed.

But, yes, it should be possible.
IP92
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a beta version, which utilizes task scheduler, but with this, I always have to be around internet connection, and my laptop can only go to sleep mode, nothing else. I'm more interested if I could make an automation, which would work if my PC were shut down.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can schedule a shutdown and startup. Not sure if that answers your question...don't quite understand what you're wanting.
IP92
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to write the code, or whatever is needed, "plant" it somewhere and let it do its work, without me even opening the laptop, ideally.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you won't clarify...

You want to alter an online database while adhering to a strict schedule from a computer that may or may not have internet access and may or may not even be on, that you may or may not have regular, physical access to?
IP92
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++METHOS wrote:
Since you won't clarify...

You want to alter an online database while adhering to a strict schedule from a computer that may or may not have internet access and may or may not even be on, that you may or may not have regular, physical access to?

Yes, I guess. All I want is for it to periodically do the same actions, without me even opening the computer.
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can not alter an online database without an internet connection unless you have access to the server where the database is being stored.

However, if you intend to alter an online time card, for example, all you would have to do is set everything from that remote workstation one-time-only. Although, in a case like this, it would probably be easier to just connect to it remotely using remote desktop or the like after setting up a boot/shutdown schedule via BIOS etc. However, if your local workstation does not have internet access, then setting things up beforehand to run entirely from the remote station would be your only logical option (without assistance).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: