Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green values can't be changed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themarsh
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Green values can't be changed? Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've been playing around with this Cheat Engine for a couple of weeks, and now I'm stuck.
Changing resource values in the game MMH6 and was able to find two addresses with the same value. One black one green, The black one is different every time the game is rebooted, but the green address is always the same.
I can change the value of the black address and it will change in the game, and the green one will change to match. If I change the value of the green address it will change back to what the black one is and not change in the game.
So what is it that I need to find to change the green address value, I'm somewhat confused. The green address is the one I wan't (cause it doesn't change when I reboot the game), but I can't change the value?

If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
haunted5
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a rule, whatever value that can be changed in cheat engine which changes the value ingame is the correct value. It doesnt matter if it is green or black. Its nice to find values that are green(static) that will change the value ingame aswell but for most games you will find black(dynamic) values.

The fact that it changes means you have to find a pointer that is consistent with every time the game is restarted. Find out about pointers. There are many tutorials about them on this site.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This often happens.
There is a green version and a black version. Usually the green one is just a copy of the black one and has no effect in the game.
It does have one use though: You can see the exact value you need to scan for so it speeds up the search for the correct black value

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
themarsh
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I thought it was odd that the greens show the value but would not let me change them. I have done some pointer searches, now I just need to find out how to speed them up. Some more post searching to do.
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: