Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raising my GPA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhpianist
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Raising my GPA Reply with quote

My first semester I slacked off (literally never did homework, etc.) and ended with a 2.8. This semester I ended with a 3.4 because my teacher started a weighted system and I also started doing a decent amount of homework.

- what do you guys do to stay motivated to work?
- what should I do to raise it back up?
Saucy.
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably the obvious answer, but stop slacking off. If you're taking classes where you can slack off, and still pass easily, go to the next step up, so you're prepared when you actually need to study. I didn't, and when Calculus came, it hit me like a ton of bricks.
Evil_Intentions
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get off the internet Razz
C-Dizzle
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off at the end of the day read over your work and make sure you actually understand it. Then read over the work you did around 2 weeks ago. This will probably take around 10-20min/subject but when it comes to exams you wont really need to revise and make everything a hell of a lot stressful.
Also don't sit next to people you will mess around to, this screwed me over in physics.
Uzeil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just place rules on yourself, like "I can't do <x fun thing> on the computer until I do <x studying exercise, like reading through your notes>" (and if you don't take notes: You have no excuse anymore for not taking notes)

In response to Dialgar's note about getting screwed over for sitting next to people he screwed around with:

I ended up tutoring people so much over the last week of finals for my math class(Cal 2), that I thought I must've gone over everything by then(was tutoring up until 3 hours before the test) and should get some rest -- then came to realize I hadn't gone over 2 things I definitely would've if I'd just not helped anyone else, and ended up losing my A >_> but bringing two of them from a C to a B, and one from a D to a B

...so we ended up all getting the same grade(those that I know about)
Laaaaame.

Mini Engine v3.0
Mipla v1.0

Reposted old threads out of the MS section.
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Uzeil said, set restrictions and goals for yourself. You won't get anywhere if you don't either have self-control or pay someone to breath down your neck and make sure you follow a schedule and such. Place limits on what you can/can't do until you finish something, treat yourself to dinner or nights out etc. when you do good etc. Might sound silly but it will keep you motivated if you have the self-control to follow your own rules.
Zacky
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if your school allows this (mine does), but see if you can get in to another class, an easy one. Art for example. If you're good with music, join an ensemble. One of the reasons I'm taking it is to raise my GPA, and it's as easy as ever.
GG
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I write notes. Lots of them. Not just in class to study later, but about things to do and stuff. Get a notepad and carry it round (looking like a nerd has never been handier in raising your GPA).
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda_454 wrote:
I write notes. Lots of them. Not just in class to study later, but about things to do and stuff. Get a notepad and carry it round (looking like a nerd has never been handier in raising your GPA).
I did this when revising psychology. We were given a 60 page booklet with all the info in at the start of the year. Instead of filling that in I just made short notes and I think I did well in my exam.
GG
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dialgar wrote:
Zelda_454 wrote:
I did this when revising psychology. We were given a 60 page booklet with all the info in at the start of the year. Instead of filling that in I just made short notes and I think I did well in my exam.

Yes. Don't copy down everything. Just copy the important bits. If you have a textbook and it's in the textbook, just write something like "cracking hydrocarbons - chemistry book page 88".
Also, anything the teacher says twice is important, note it down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: