Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need For Speed - Most Wanted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many of you have h0zed a NFS-MW save game, in the name of haxX0ring?
Frequently
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
A few, but not many...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This one time... At Band Camp...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What's an NFS-MW save game?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Do you have wall hakus!? I NEED WALLLLL HCKUSSS
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool stuff Smile going to try that right now.

Zhoul wrote:
Actually, I don't see a few cars here either, unless I'm missing them... So you're absolutley right, there are probably more cars we're missin' somewhere, somehow. Hook me up with the strings you're using to find these 'hidden' cars and I'll bust out some more code magic.

Search for the string: "BL10" the last entry turning up will probably be of interest. From there go down.. in this section I also found "COP_CROSS" which is Cross' Corvette.

edit: worked fine Smile though now all 90 cars are also in mycars
btw. how did you find that address and the value you need to put there?
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cparty wrote:
edit: worked fine Smile though now all 90 cars are also in mycars
btw. how did you find that address and the value you need to put there?

It's code Wink Goto the address, in the disassembler, in the top/code section to see the change that takes place.

How did I find it?

- Searched for AF 2D C3 C1 AE 75 E6 28 (cop suv)
- You had said...
cparty wrote:
To make the cars appear in the stock car list just add the stockcar bit, eg. make all special cars available, replace 20 with 21.

- So I added the '20' as a byte value to my address list.
- Sat outside the dealership and right-clicked the value, then 'find out what accesses this address'
- Once I found what read it, I changed one of the jumps, to *always* jump and add the car to the list, rather then determine if it should be added or not.

It's going to be in this same code 'area' (after the return) - That we can probably change things like car price, and availability.
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neat Very Happy thx for the info
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone following this... Here's the current trainer I've got goin'.

It's not got a lot of features that I have in me ol' table yet, but it's enough for now Wink

Once again, releasing this *here* instead of under "Trainers", because it's nowhere near done.

To the folks that are contributing to this thread (cparty and... cparty). Let's combine all our talents into one big trainer. Heck, I may even gut the B&W2 trainer I created in VB and do one for NFS, depending on need.

*Edit* - Fret not Cparty. Your name doesn't exist in the trainer anywhere, because mine doesn't Wink Even in the final release of B&W2's trainer, I included my name/email addy in 0 total places =)

The Extension 'zip' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

NFS-Trainer-v02.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.28 KB
 Viewed:  32324 Time(s)

NFS-Trainer-v02.JPG

cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice Zhoul Smile

my first attempt to disable collision comes here:

Address: 0068C7FB
Value Type: Array of Byte - 4
Description: Freeze ResetCar Timer - (Orig: d8 64 24 0c)

Notes:
After NOPing the code you need to press the reset button once to put it into non-collision mode.
As you get instant busted when your in non-collision mode, this for now only makes sense together with the "never busted" code replacemant.

*edit: it doesn't work on cars not in the save (eg. cross corvette)
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one above... I'll see if I can refine it to work with all cars.
*Edit*
006B8813
Code: Disable Collision All (Orig: C3CCCCCCCCCCCC - New: 90B801000000C3 )

Question:
cparty wrote:
The next 2 bytes refer to the "parts-slot" and are FF if its a stock car.

Does this mean that the car(s) are modable, or not? I love the cement truck, but I can't buy upgrades for it (preformance wise), and when I add them myself in memory *crash* as soon as I 'return to free roam'.

Lastly, do you have an instant messenger? Hit me up on AIM if you have it, (LqdGroover), otherwise, I have various other messengers, so just give me a screen name.

- Z

*Edit* - If you can give me the array of bytes value for the cross, like you did with the other cop cars, I think I have a way to 'insert' cars into the buyable list.

Also,

Pointer to begining of car list:
XXXXXXXX + 414
0091BF50 + 10

Not that it ever changes on my side, but I assume that the addresses I get are not = to the addresses anyone else gets. (then again, it is a port from a console).
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhoul wrote:
Does this mean that the car(s) are modable, or not? I love the cement truck, but I can't buy upgrades for it (preformance wise), and when I add them myself in memory *crash* as soon as I 'return to free roam'.

Every car seems modable in terms of visuals (maybe rims and a few other parts too). As you said you cannot put non-existant parts there without having the game crash though. If those bytes are FF then its a "stock" car without any mods, but as soon as you buy it (or maybe as soon as you mod something) it gets a parts-slot assigned (dummy entry):

The big mark is where the performance upgrades would be if available and the small "FF" is the parts-slot number referred to from the first section (Note: 00 - 1E are already used by the BonusCars). I don't know much about this section yet.

By adding the following entry to the first section, I added the cross corvette to the stock cars, but that didn't solve the crash error:
Code:
59 00 00 00  AF 2D C3 C1  6D 80 7C D3  01 00 01 00
FF FF CD CD

Note: you need to adjust 59 to your car in the save you are going to replace/add.

Zhoul wrote:
Lastly, do you have an instant messenger? Hit me up on AIM if you have it, (LqdGroover), otherwise, I have various other messengers, so just give me a screen name.

I had ICQ some years ago, but don't use IMs these days. I might install it again.

*edit*: I just tried the cement truck and the only thing you can kind of change is the color (switch to metallic/custom and back to get all colors) and you can add other gauges.. but nothing much more. Anyway those changes are stored in the parts-slot.
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cparty wrote:
*edit*: I just tried the cement truck and the only thing you can kind of change is the color (switch to metallic/custom and back to get all colors) and you can add other gauges.. but nothing much more. Anyway those changes are stored in the parts-slot

Yeah, Kinda tryin to figure out if there's a variable we can smack in memory that will allow preformance upgrades for these vehicles that currently crash, if mod'd in mem.
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhoul wrote:
*Edit*
006B8813
Code: Disable Collision All (Orig: C3CCCCCCCCCCCC - New: 90B801000000C3 )

It looks good, all cars (even traffic) is blinking now, but the collision seems to be still on? Like if thats only the visual.

*edit* I think I know the reason why the game crashes when I drive the cross corvette and hit a car at high speed. I played a sprint race with the cross corvette and destroyed my car Razz like you can destroy the ai-controlled police cars. The score table showed me as "totaled" like in the drag races and I could restart. Well you can't restart in free roam, thats probably why the game crashes then.
It seems the police cars have a counter part only controlled by the ai which is not in the savegame. I always wondered why the ai can turn so fast, and you can exactly do that with the cross corvette.
Now, if we could find a way to disable damage for the usercar we might be able to play those cars (I think the normal cars dont even have damage) without crashing the game.
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cparty wrote:
Now, if we could find a way to disable damage for the usercar we might be able to play those cars (I think the normal cars dont even have damage) without crashing the game.

- While in game, press ESC
- Go to the Gameplay menu
- Car Damage - Off ?

And as for the 'code' that makes everyone blink. Heres what I've found:
If 2 entities are currently under the effects of 'no collision', they can collide with eachother Wink Now the fun part... Picking out *only* our car, from the whole lot. Smile
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhoul wrote:
While in game, press ESC
- Go to the Gameplay menu
- Car Damage - Off ?

omg, never realized thats in there Smile thanks for the info. Gonna test it out.
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just lost an entire post because I chose to split it up into 2 parts Wink (the initial reply here, being what timed out, d0h!).

Since I'm tired as hell, I'm going to sum up a full page report, in 10 1-liners (not including this one and the one above it).

- Topic: Original "Infinite Nitro with the added bonus of max nitro boost" code change.

- Original Suggestion: Arrow 00693648 - Code - Nitro - New( FF ) Orig( F8 )

- The Task: Find a way, without NOP, to freeze nitro, as it was written to by an FSTP line. Arrow fstp [esi+000000F8]

- The problem: FSTP stores the stack value, then pops the registers automatically (hence the P, in FSTP). If I NOP the code, then the game will eventually crash (as will most NOPings of FSTP's).

- The solution: I found that there is a value that determines how much boost you get from nitro. It exists 4 bytes ahead, of where the value for 'how much nitro you have left' is. The theory was to let the game read my nitro value, do it's minor decrease, but modify where it writes, specifically, point it to the "Nitro Boost Strength" value, thus, giving infinite nitro and max boost strength.

- The Error in the solution: Any moron who adds 4 to F8, would not get the same result as I did the first time ( Shocked FF Shocked ?!?) . But I'm not just any moron... I'm a baked moron...

- The problem caused by the error in the solution: Writing 8 bytes ahead, instead of 4, and playing the game for several hours would result in an unexpected crash. Unexpected: until I realized what a d0rk I was. Infinite nitro is indeed an effect of the initial solution, but the latter effect sucked @$$...

- The Solution to the problem caused by the error in the solution:
Arrow 00693648 - Code - Nitro - New( FC ) Orig( F8 )

- You can find the rest of this post here: http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=28352#28352

- It was a question that turned into a few questions, then a semi-tutorial, so I posted it under the tutorials section. Before you ask, yes I had a lot of transformers in my younger years.

- Z (this line also exempt from total line count).
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game option settings get stored near the player money, though turning damage off had no effect on the police cars (cross still crashing).

As for the nitro code, I found that there are 2 or 3 fstp operations.
One is after fadd (refill nitro) and one after fsub (when using nitro).
So I just replace the fsub and all seems fine:

00693641 - code - NOS - orig: d8 64 24 2c

For the types I built a carlist:
Code:
Nr.  Cartype HEX                Car Name
1F   BB D9 2A E3  BB D9 2A E3   Mercedes SLR McLaren
20   9E 57 65 01  9E 57 65 01   Corvette C6.R
21   7B 4B F6 F8  BF 42 7E 9B   Audi A4 Quattro
22   EA A5 C0 42  EA A5 C0 42   Ford GT
23   AF 2D C3 C1  C7 1A 47 A7   Dumptruck
24   33 C8 09 8E  33 C8 09 8E   Mazda RX-7
25   BB B5 00 A8  BB B5 00 A8   Mercedes SL 500
26   CF 82 E5 22  E4 8C 11 46   Corvette C6
27   4E 4A CC 23  F8 E0 DA 39   BMW M3 GTR (slow version)
28   AF 2D C3 C1  AE 75 E6 28   Cop SUV
29   92 99 86 C4  D4 3D 06 67   Porsche Carrera GT
2A   DA A7 4D 3C  DA A7 4D 3C   Porsche 911 Carrera S
2B   AF 2D C3 C1  95 DC 49 69   Cop GTO
2C   36 49 3D 31  36 49 3D 31   Lotus Elise
2D   AF 2D C3 C1  D8 E0 EC 71   Civilcar VAN
2E   AF 2D C3 C1  F1 1A F0 7A   Taxi
2F   7B C1 72 7B  E5 14 C4 D5   Audi A3 Quattro
30   C8 8B 3A 19  C8 8B 3A 19   Audi TT Quattro
31   53 4B 05 79  53 4B 05 79   VW Golf Gti
32   BD 0B D7 A2  BD 0B D7 A2   Mitsubishi Eclipse
33   EB 67 18 EB  EB 67 18 EB   Renault Clio v6
34   95 40 78 5A  95 40 78 5A   Chevrolet Cobalt SS
35   EB 77 CD C1  EB 77 CD C1   Lamborghini Murciélago
36   AF 2D C3 C1  49 39 3B 74   Civilcar Pickup
37   4E 4A CC 23  B3 5F 08 4E   BMW M3 GTR
38   2F AF 77 82  2F AF 77 82   Mercedes CLK 500
39   4D FD 93 9B  4D FD 93 9B   Ford Mustang GT
3A   EB 5B 55 41  EB 5B 55 41   Porsche Cayman S
3B   11 7A EE A6  11 7A EE A6   Fiat Punto
3C   AF 2D C3 C1  F5 7E 66 70   Cop
3D   20 65 18 DF  20 65 18 DF   Cadillac CTS
3E   A1 E1 D3 D8  A1 E3 D3 D8   Vauxhall Monaro VXR
3F   A1 F9 47 71  A1 F9 47 71   Mercedes SL65 AMG
40   6F F4 3E 9B  6F F4 3E 9B   Porsche 911 GT2
41   0B C4 2C 7B  0B C4 2C 7B   Lamborghini Gallardo
42   34 34 F1 66  34 34 F1 66   Toyota Supra
43   34 89 8C 19  0D 56 3B 5F   Subaru Impreza WRX STI
44   B6 FB EE CC  B6 FB EE CC   Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII
45   AF 2D C3 C1  FA FF D9 51   Cementtruck
46   AF 2D C3 C1  64 5F DC F9   Ford Mustang GT?
47   C6 3D 48 AA  C6 3D 48 AA   Pontiac GTO
48   08 D4 BE 6E  08 D4 BE 6E   Dodge Viper SRT10
49   19 45 94 90  19 45 94 90   Chevrolet Camaro SS
4A   AF 2D C3 C1  4B C7 F2 C5   Pizza
4B   6A 1C B6 A4  6A 1C B6 A4   Aston Martin DB9
4C   37 44 33 D6  37 44 33 D6   Mazda RX-8
4D   A6 FE C2 81  3F 08 88 CD   BMW M3 Street Version
4E   B0 2F FF 5B  B0 2F FF 5B   Lexus IS300
4F   8D 5B 7D D2  8D 5B 7D D2   Porsche 911 Turbo S
50   AF 2D C3 C1  0C 07 6C 8F   Cop Corvette

The Nr. is just the slot where the car turns up in the save.
Zhoul
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cparty wrote:
The game option settings get stored near the player money, though turning damage off had no effect on the police cars (cross still crashing).
Is it just me, or is this 'damage' feature a bit misleading? When I left it enabled, I was expecting at least 1/2 the damage that you'd get in any of the Nascar series. I was (oddly) a bit disappointed to see that, after 1 hour cop chases (on purpose of course), the car only appeared minorly scratched/scuffed, yet I had bust through more then a dozen road blocks, and took out at least 50 cop cars...

cparty wrote:
As for the nitro code, I found that there are 2 or 3 fstp operations.
One is after fadd (refill nitro) and one after fsub (when using nitro).
So I just replace the fsub and all seems fine:
Aye sir. I left the + writes alone, and expanded on the FSTP topic, more-so for tutorial purposes, but also because it just-so-happened that the "Nitro Boost Strength" (hence forth known as NBS, because it sounds so ghey when typed many times in the same reply) value was staring me in the face, just asking to be written to.

You've just inspired another thought however. I'm going to change the fsub into an fmul, and write *that* to the NBS value Cool If I'm alive after testing and it's worth a shat, I'll post this in teh trainer.

cparty wrote:
For the types I built a carlist:

Zhoul, pseudo quote'n cparty in another thread wrote:
but as cparty pointed out... 'it's not working, and all the cars seem to be affected. p.s. Zhoul is Da MAN!' (or something to that effect).

No sir, It is You who is Da Man! Thanks for the list!

cparty wrote:
The Nr. is just the slot where the car turns up in the save.
So where's teh save game? Cool

Seriously though(which isn't often): I'd like to include some kind of wicked save game with the releases of the trainer im casually working on, so if you've got one with all those cars, added in career mode, I'd love to get-a-hold of it.

Once more, this request surely isn't for falsified fame, as I don't include even my own name in nearly all releases.

*edit* - I'm usually pretty picky with releases, and like to only affect a game, via a trainer, more specifically, live mem hacks. Tiz an honor, that I ask for a save-game... or at least a rarity Cool

Last edited by Zhoul on Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
cparty
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhoul wrote:
So where's teh save game? Cool
Seriously though(which isn't often): I'd like to include some kind of wicked save game with the releases of the trainer im casually working on, so if you've got one with all those cars, added in career mode, I'd love to get-a-hold of it.

You already have it Wink it's even in a blank savegame. Its the stock car list (00005E31 - 00006218). I already have a 100% savegame and the clone savegame I posted earlier containing the police cars. I will probably build a new one once we know a bit more... I wonder what makes more sense, adding the new cars to the stock cars so the user can buy/add himself or just add them to career/my cars?

Zhoul wrote:
Once more, this request surely isn't for falsified fame, as I don't include even my own name in nearly all releases.

Yeah, its the fun doing it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: