Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Questions] Two questions(noob ones)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziv121
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: [Questions] Two questions(noob ones) Reply with quote

Its about a game, but lets make it general questions.
Lets say I found the health value, got its pointer, used step 8 method until I got the (original?) pointer.
I froze it, but its still CS. Is there anything else you can do to freeze the health?
Another question is, more general one, is there a way to know what is CS and what SS WITHOUT checking the thing itself? I mean somewhere its sourced or something, I really have no idea. You take a game, you wanna know whats hackable and whats not. What do you do?
Thanks.
- -
Sorry one more question just got on my mind. When I change the speed, its still, only CS. You see yourself moving the speed you made, lets say you made it fast, you'll see yourself getting there fast, but you're actually on your way. How's this possible?
It couldn't be that everything's CS >.>
Thanks again
M.
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: [Questions] Two questions(noob ones) Reply with quote

ziv121 wrote:
Its about a game, but lets make it general questions.
Lets say I found the health value, got its pointer, used step 8 method until I got the (original?) pointer.
I froze it, but its still CS. Is there anything else you can do to freeze the health?
Another question is, more general one, is there a way to know what is CS and what SS WITHOUT checking the thing itself? I mean somewhere its sourced or something, I really have no idea. You take a game, you wanna know whats hackable and whats not. What do you do?
Thanks.
- -
Sorry one more question just got on my mind. When I change the speed, its still, only CS. You see yourself moving the speed you made, lets say you made it fast, you'll see yourself getting there fast, but you're actually on your way. How's this possible?
It couldn't be that everything's CS >.>
Thanks again

NOP it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that still won't work if it's server sided

And yes, the location/speed can be server sided as well. Some games (like UT3) let you go as fast as you want (e.g capturing a flag in 1 second in a CTF map) but other games put a limit on how fast you can walk, and if you go faster, they just put you back.
Also, speedhack may be confusing as it also speeds up animations while it's only speeding up you, and not the other players)

Stuff that is usually server sided:
Ammo
Health
Money

Stuff that is sometimes client sided:
location (e.g in some games you can sink through the floor making yourself unhittable, but you're able to hit monsters...)
the DISPLAY value of your money
the DISPLAY value of your health
the 3D rendering of the game (so possible to make walls transparent)
more detailed information about a target player that is usually not available (e.g numerical value instead of scrollbar based on strength)
whatever other generally useless thing that the programmer may have decided to let your comp handle­

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping

Last edited by Dark Byte on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ziv121
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the location thing. Lets say map has values, and you find it. If you change your "map location" and freeze it will you be in other place? barely makes sense but I still got to ask.
It makes more sense with the coords, but I really have no idea how it works.
I was thinking about one more thing(Monsters don't hit you), some kind of god mode. Maybe the monsters will recognize you as one of them(?). Is that possible?
What more can be done, what more can I test?
Thanks for your help =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: