Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot find AOB string...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LtO
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Cannot find AOB string... Reply with quote

I'm looking for an AOB in a game, but I cannot find it. In the (decompiled) code it says: public static const kComboGoalReward:Array = new Array(0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5);
Or: private static const kComboGoalReward:Array = new Array(0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5);
And refers a few times back to it again, but when I look for that array or string, I can't find anywhere in the memory... How comes this isn't showing up, and how could I find it? it's code that should be static and not be changed during the game...
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're just looking for an aob like 0 0 1 1 2 2 ... then it'll fail since AOB is an array of Bytes but the code is probably not defining an array of bytes but rather an array of integers/4 byte values (I don't see a type specifier so I'll assume a 4 byte int, though theoretically it could be floats or doubles etc.)

So you'd need to scan for 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 ... with each value expanded to it's 4 byte equivalent, or use the group scan and prefix each value with it's type shorthand (4, f, etc. there's a generator to use when the type is changed to group scan) 4:0 4:0 4:1 4:1 4:2 4:2 ...
LtO
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I tried that but it didn't work, didn't find anything, could you give me the exact parameter i should search with?
FreeER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LtO wrote:
could you give me the exact parameter i should search with?
I gave you the best I could without actually knowing what the game is doing (either from having programmed it myself, knowing the language well enough to assume, or from having reversed the game code).
panraven
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is compiled from flash byte-code (hint from type is 'array'), the array could be constructed by 'code' instead of pre-allocated in memory (or your saying 'static', byte[16] or int[16] in c notation?).
Then array constructed by the flash player in runtime may not necessarily in a continued block of memory, so you sometime cannot aobscan such array.

The byte code may be some thing like (avm2 byte code):
Code:

push byte <byte>-> 24 00 -- 1st element
push byte <byte>-> 24 00 -- 2nd
push byte <byte>-> 24 05 -- 15th
push byte <byte>-> 24 05 -- 16th
newarray <cnt>  56 10 (new array for 16 elements)

... look regular, but it could be like this (fewer byte-code count)
Code:

... (last 5 elements)
push byte <byte> 24 05
setlocal1 d5
getlocal1 d1
getlocal1 d1
getlocal1 d1
getlocal1 d1
getlocal1 d1

So the byte-code can be quite 'random' by blind guess.

But, if you can decompiled it, you should be able to find the exact byte-code.

AOBSCan search that exact bye-code and modify it before it got jit compiled at runtime may make your cheat, that is a bit more failsafe.

The attached pic is a ffdec result of array of strings (cannot find a example of integer), left is decompiled source, right is byte-code.

ceFlash_constArrayCode.jpg
 Description:
example for const array, this for strings
 Filesize:  70.17 KB
 Viewed:  16922 Time(s)

ceFlash_constArrayCode.jpg

LtO
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! This is pretty complicated for me, but I'm learning cuz it's interesting stuff Smile I'll learn to work with auto assembler and lua scripting too, now I made a little mistake with this that I used the original swf to decompile and find this, but that source is probably almost 10 years old... I was sticking to that cuz the newer version has anti debugger that crashed my decompiler, but now I use a better debugger. I'm trying to find the right values, bytecode etc that I need, here a picture of the decompiled code and pcode (attachment), I think I can't be too far of it anymore now...

code.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.58 KB
 Viewed:  16678 Time(s)

code.png

LtO
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say I found what I needed, along with lots of other related things I could do with this knowledge Smile that 0,0,1,1 etc is stored in the memory as 24 00 2a 24 01 2a etc... I could easily see it when I also let the hex code show with the asm instructions, which I didn't in that picture you saw here... Oh and it's really fun to play with this and change aob strings, so much you can do with it, I used to think cheat engine was useless for this game almost, boy was I wrong lol...
FreeER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, very similar to
panraven wrote:
Code:

just with 2a after each for whatever reason. edit: hm, maybe a "duplicate" instruction. edit2: oh yeah, duh. that's exactly what the image shows Laughing

LtO
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:
So, very similar to
panraven wrote:
Code:

just with 2a after each for whatever reason. edit: hm, maybe a "duplicate" instruction. edit2: oh yeah, duh. that's exactly what the image shows Laughing

Yeah Smile Thanks, I was able to modify a lot of other kind of aobs already too, to do funny and crazy shit :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: