Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backtrace entitylist seeking for some help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the7shfun
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Backtrace entitylist seeking for some help. Reply with quote

I already backtrace a lot adress for entitylist.
I start with coordinate adress.But when i find the static adress.
It doesnt pointing to one adress. And it always changing.
And i found the code it always looping something.
Like this:
Code:

//doing thing 3 time.
   hyxd.exe+1E6CC8 - 8D 76 04              - lea esi,[esi+04]

And this:

Code:

hyxd.exe+240BB6 - 8B F9                 - mov edi,ecx

hyxd.exe+240F91 - 8B 0E                 - mov ecx,[esi]

hyxd.exe+240F6E - 8B 77 78              - mov esi,[edi+78]

So when i find the static adress. I follow this offset it just pointing to nothing.And keep changing.
Can anyone share some backtrace to entitylist experience to me . big thx.

also i found this :

[/code]
chochang262
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the game but lets just say I'm playing shooting game XYZ.

Now, if I find my players health and see what writes to it then get hurt or heal I get something like

mov [ebx+08],ecx

In this case ebx "should" be our player's base address with 08 being the offset from the base to our health.

In a typical shooter all the vars relating to a specific character (Health,xyz loc,aim angle,ammo,etc) are going to be placed in a compact location in code with this location being the base address.

If you were to say, find a pointer to your base address (Recommend using pointer scan at lvl 1 first) you might also find that if you examine said pointers address (say the pointer is 12345678+88 -- 12345678 is what im referring to) in the structure spider different offsets might contain the base address to all the other entitys in the game meaning you found your entity list and just need a way to loop through them for your desired effect.

Note... there are usually a few addresses that appear correct at first glance but upon further inspection prove to be useless (at least for the purposes of game modification)

using this, I was able to write some code in c++ to kill all hostile ai in mw3 as soon as it is spawned onto the map.

Also, you mentioned coordinates so i assumed coordinates of a player and not say a movable rock or something but I would imagine finding an entity list for something like that would be relatively similar.

I hope this helps.......If not, I apologize for misinterpreting the question.(Most of your post was just code with little explanation on what you're actually trying to do or obtain by finding/tracing through an entity list)

not trying to hate haha, i like code .... heck i love it, but just throwing out chunks of code is like opening a 1000 page book to page 500 and saying tell me what has happened so far with these few paragraphs you see in front of you. it'd be a lot easier with the story's " synopsis so far".

Also, This was all written off the dome with little sleep so expect errors and plenty of them
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED DUM DUM DUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: