Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark souls 3 cheat engine always crashed my game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike4Lock
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Dark souls 3 cheat engine always crashed my game Reply with quote

For the game dark souls 3, I always tend to crash for some reason when using specific scripts or alot of other things. Idk how to fix this problem and have been having it for a while now. I am not that advanced with cheat engine and would love some help with this issue. Thx
TheyCallMeTim13
Wiki Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my approach with a situation like that is to step back, in any trouble areas try it with a new save and make sure it's not the game or OS or an update for either. If I fill confident in this then I just start a new table find a simple, easy to find value, save the address or byte pattern to an instruction that accesses it to the table in a script for just notes. Then just attach the debugger to an instruction (one that I might be using in another table already). And just watch, not just for stray addresses but play though for a bit and see if I get crashes from just the debugger (adjusting settings as I go). And then if all looks good there I just hook a base address and start the watching over again (having still not modified any values). Then if that looks good then just watch individual hooks for stray addresses and values, say during cut scenes or where ever I think that the problem may be.
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to me a lot, but it stopped ever since I switched from "Use windows debugger" to "Use VEH Debugger" in the options. It's under Settings -> Debugger Options

Worth a try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: