Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tables no longer working-need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjstart
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Tables no longer working-need help Reply with quote

Bit of background to the issue, I was playing a game and using the table, mostly for superfluous stuff like double jumping and had been editting a few things. When I went to click back into the game, which was sitting nicely right behind Cheat Engine, I accidentally exitted out of Cheat Engine, having missed the game by only a millimeter or two. I thought, no harm, saved the game and exitted it out. I started it back up and started back up Cheat Engine, but suddenly nothing worked with the cheat table I had been using. It had multiple folders and would let me open the first one, but not click on anything. All other folders wouldn't even open. I am now at a point in the game that normally requires 5+ people to continue, but the game only allows friends to join in on your game. I have no friends who play this game, thus I am at a point that I absolutely need the cheat table to be working for me to continue.
Things I have tried:
Re-downloading the cheat table from a different source
Using Cheat Engine in other game with different tables
Re-downloading Cheat Engine
None of the above has worked. I'd really like to know why it seems that my computer itself has permanently foresaken Cheat Engine as without the damage multiplier, so I can emulate playing with more people, I absolutely cannot continue this game.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scripts are probably failing at an AoB scan. It looks something like this:
Code:
aobscan(symbol,12 34 AB CD)

Copy the AoB being searched for (e.g. 12 34 AB CD) and search for it manually. Make sure you are scanning all memory, not just writable memory. Right click in the area with the checkboxes "Writable", "Executable", and "Copy on Write" in the main CE window and select "Preset: Scan all memory". If nothing comes up, that's why the scripts fail.

If the game uses bytecode that is JIT compiled, the machine code being searched for won't exist until the bytecode is compiled. Performing the appropriate action in the game will usually force the VM to compile the bytecode.
(to put this simply, if a script affects the damage taken by an enemy, try damaging an enemy first before enabling the script)

There might be bytes that can change between instances of the game in the AoB being searched for. Copy and paste one or two scripts to this topic and someone can say whether or not that's the case.

cjstart
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admittedly am not very good at programming things, but I'll give as much information as I can.
If I right click over the check box area, nothing along the lines of "Writable," "Executable," "Copy on Write," or "Preset: Scan all Memory" comes up.
It doesn't appear to be using a byte format as all the entries are labeled as "Float."
The engine also doesn't even seem to recognize any of the values as they're all marked with "??" rather than numbers like before. All addresses for these float values are also labeled as "P->????????." I don't remember if they were labeled that way before, but it does seem like it's not even finding the addresses properly.
The way to increase damage isn't a simple click. Even though I wasn't using it, I remember my experimentation when I first opened it. You had to raise your Critical Chance % to "1.0" rather than the normal "0.0n" and then set the multiplier of the crits to whatever you wanted.
There are a few entries that require scripts as well, namely a few that give you infinite of different types of items.
Oh, and I just realized that I didn't mention the game. I don't know if that'll help since it's not working for any game, but the game I have this particular cheat table for is Portal Knights.
Hopefully something among all the above is relevant and understandable.
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure CE is attached to the game? I found the cheat table you're probably using, and nothing immediately looks like a problem. If you didn't restart CE when you restarted the game, you very likely messed up something with the scripts (e.g. didn't force disable them or symbols are still registered).

Close everything and try again. If it works, you made a simple mistake last time.

cjstart wrote:
If I right click over the check box area, nothing along the lines of "Writable," "Executable," "Copy on Write," or "Preset: Scan all Memory" comes up.

A checkbox is something you can click on to change its state. See wikipedia for more information as well as examples.
By identifying several checkboxes with the text "Writable", "Executable", and "Copy on Write", I attempted to imply you should also identify those checkboxes by those strings.
If you would like more explicit instructions:
  1. Look at the main CE window. It is the window with the caption "Cheat Engine 6.7" at the top.
  2. Find the text "Memory Scan Options". It is above the address list near the middle of the window.
  3. Underneath that text, there is "Start", "Stop", and three checkboxes with the captions "Writable", "Executable", and "Copy on Write".
  4. Right click on any of those three checkboxes and select "Preset: Scan all memory".

cjstart wrote:
It doesn't appear to be using a byte format as all the entries are labeled as "Float."
... All addresses for these float values are also labeled as "P->????????."

You probably have to activate a header script for those memory records to have meaning. If you double click on the text "P->????????" and see something like "_player" as the base address, that memory record is probably listed under a header script. That script is responsible for finding where the player base address is. If those memory records aren't working, it's because of the script, hence why you should check the script to see if it's working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: