Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

issues with engine finding and changing address / values

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheatscc
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: issues with engine finding and changing address / values Reply with quote

I've been having a hell of a night trying to figure out how to work different cheat templates with a ps2 emulator. Im trying to cheat on an older MLB the show game to get training points instead of farming that shit. I was told I can search for a value, and change all the results untill my ingame skill point value adjusts, and from sure lucky guessing i have found the actual value on cheat engine and managed to change it once to my desired amount. now when I go back if i can even find the correct value it doesnt move regardless of what i set it to and im not sure what to do. The game is not online what so over, its from 2011 plus its a rom download, ive researched "save hacking/ hex hacking" all day and cant seem to figure out anything. My issue is the game has no known cheat codes I can find so its basically change its code or nothing, any help is greatly appreciated!
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much experience with emulators but are you using the big endian custom types provided by Dark Byte here on the forum? Most emulators tend to use the big endian storage format while windows uses little endian (and thus the default scans are in little endian).

The difference is that the 4 byte value 0x12345678 is stored as 0x12 0x34 0x56 0x78 in big endian but reversed in little endian as 0x78 0x56 0x34 0x12 (aka 0x78563412), with little endian the cpu can read the value as a 1,2,or 4 byte value without changing the address. Quite a few older emulator games with use 2 byte values instead of 4 byte values as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: