Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(AAA) Games' physics vs falling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punz1A4
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: (AAA) Games' physics vs falling Reply with quote

I've been playing Mass Effect 1 lately and after writing a simple teleport-to-waypoint script I stumbled upon an issue that popped up in an other game I played some time ago (Assassins Creed 1).

The issue is that when you change coordinates in a way that you teleport from the ground to the sky, the game still acts as if you were on the ground (i.e. you are not falling). In AC1 I didn't really care because moving a little could fix the issue, in ME1 however I simply cannot move at all.

Is there any popular methodology to fix this (i.e. make character fall by changing something in the memory)?
I tried browsing memory around the coordinate addresses and compare them while falling and while standing still, but although some values seemed to change to something specific, depending on whether you were falling or not, changing those values didn't affect anything.

Any help would be appreciated Smile
I get the feeling that there is some common physics programming knowledge behind this but I sadly don't have it (ME1 and AC1 use completely different engines afaik).

EDIT:
Well I'm dumb - had to do some more memory digging to find a byte that determines whether you're falling or not.
Pardon
Prehistoricman
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did setting that byte work?
Punz1A4
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't check AC1, but in ME1 it worked - if somebody would ever be interested - in my version of the game coords had offsets base+110, +114 and +118, while said byte was at +74 (0x01 = standing still, 0x02 = falling).
And again, yes, you can change it to 0x02 after teleporting in the air in order to start falling.

You can also use built-in dev console to teleport to cursor after teleporting to waypoint which is even more convenient (in ME1).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: