Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pointer Scan 0 results help!!! (tried all the ways)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nb37
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Pointer Scan 0 results help!!! (tried all the ways) Reply with quote

hello everyone, it's been 2 days now since i'm trying pointer scan to get the base address for "The Forest" game, before i started using pointer scan that's doing the multi level pointer automatically i can't find the base address anymore... i was doing it manually on other games and it was working with the manual method now i've started using pointer scan but nothing works especially on "The Forest" i always get 0 resuls after the first scan and after i reboot pc, anyone have an idea?? seems complicated to find base address on this game!
dl748
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely due to a variable offset somewhere down the stream. I've found pointer scanning to be fairly pointless (no pun intended) in newer games. I use to love using it to find addresses, but I never use it now a days. It takes WAY too long and "guessing" a max pointer offset is problematic at best. Anything from a linked list, a bsearch(sorted) array, and an associative array (change in bucket sizes) can completely make static pointer lists completely unusable between loads, reloads, or even transitions (loading screens). Rebooting seems a bit much though. I've hardly EVER reboot my machines. I usually can figure out an exact pointer list in a few hours and I can tell which pointer entries are problematic as well.
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Forest -> Unity engine -> Mono/.NET/C# -> pointerscan is useless (manual scanning for pointers too).
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgr.inz.Player wrote:
The Forest -> Unity engine -> Mono/.NET/C# -> pointerscan is useless (manual scanning for pointers too).

I hear now but then how should i do to find a static address on this game then? thanks for answering!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: