Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A quick question about AOB scans

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dab
Cheater

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: A quick question about AOB scans Reply with quote

Hello! I have a question about AOB scripting. How would I directly change the value of a 4 byte value [Example: Coins, Money, etc] using an AOB script. I am using a knock off pinball game as I am just testing code. Thanks!

Last edited by The Dab on Mon May 22, 2017 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
aobscan(aname, bytes that are only around the value you want to change aka a unique array of bytes)
[ENABLE]
aname:
  db bytes to write on enable
// or dd (int)4 byte value
// or dd (float) float value
// or dq (double) double value
registerSymbol(aname)

[DISABLE]
address:
  db bytes to write on disable
unregisterSymbol(aname)

Without a more specific question you're not really going to get a more specific answer. It depends on the game and what you are doing in the game (after all the AOB has to uniquely identify the bytes you want to scan for so that it finds only the bytes you want to change not 200 places that happen to have the same bytes and what you write depends on what you want to write).
rasmus
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeER wrote:
Code:
aobscan(aname, bytes that are only around the value you want to change aka a unique array of bytes)
[ENABLE]
aname:
  db bytes to write on enable
// or dd (int)4 byte value
// or dd (float) float value
// or dq (double) double value
registerSymbol(aname)

[DISABLE]
address:
  db bytes to write on disable
unregisterSymbol(aname)

Without a more specific question you're not really going to get a more specific answer. It depends on the game and what you are doing in the game (after all the AOB has to uniquely identify the bytes you want to scan for so that it finds only the bytes you want to change not 200 places that happen to have the same bytes and what you write depends on what you want to write).

I have another question: a byte can only contain the max numer of 255 in decimal. Say that its the health of the player I want to change and I want to set the health to 500, is that possible? I can do that by allocating new memory and using normal assembly code, but is it possible using something similar to the db command? Maybe there is something like a do 8 byte command, but then it will screw up the following 8 bytes and destroy the code probably

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: