Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Learn to Fly 3 - Steam version I cannot change values

View previous topic :: View next topic  
areath
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Learn to Fly 3 - Steam version I cannot change values Reply with quote

Welcome friends, I am pretty fresh in Cheat Engine, I watched some YT videos and I wanted to check everything out. I managed to hack some simple games offline, but now i would like to hack Learn to Fly 3.

Firstly, I played that game on kongregate and i managed to get almost everthing done (4 medals left)

now I found that it is available on steam, so I would like to hack it.

I tried to change BP, sardines and Cash values but I cannot do it.

Firstly I tried to find those values with option "exactly" and "all", I found them and I am sure that it is that... everytime something changed in game it showed same values in Cheat Engine. But... everytime I try to change them in Cheat Engine, nothing happens in game. Before anything happened in game, all values are reset to oryginal ones. Freezing doesn't help at all, any value is not acceptable by game and resets.

I tried finding those values with increase/decrease unknown value, but at the end i was left with NOTHING.

I am pretty sure they encrypted those values somehow and I really do not know how to do it. But maybe some of you can handle it.

I tried do same thing with online version on kongregate with K-Melon browser but it was totally same.

I would like to know how to do it for the future, maybe other games also encrypt those values. The game works offline normally, so its not that problem...

Thank you
David
areath
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody knows how to do it??
ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The steam version probably isn't too different from the online flash version. Go to a webpage with the .swf file, decompile it, and look at how it's protecting data. Use Google to find guides and tutorials.
areath
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I downloaded SWF file (with online web dowanloader) from kongretate

I installed JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler.

I was looking for some informations but i dont know what to do, what to look for, how to do it and even if i would get it, what then? how to cheat on steam version?

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look around enough and eventually you'll either find or be lead to some class in the package "lbg.anticheatengine". In the "SafeType" classes (e.g. SafeNumber), look at the assertValue function and you'll see exactly what the game is doing. TLDR: it has an unprotected value people are meant to find, and when that value is to be read from, it cross references the unprotected value with a couple basic encodings of the value. If something doesn't match up, it restores the value from the encoding and fires a "cheat detected" event.

Modifying the as3 bytecode is the easiest solution, but even if that's not an option, it's still easy for someone with knowledge of assembly to bypass that protection. The unprotected value is trivial to find. After that, look at the assembly around instructions that access the value and see what matches up with the source code. Once you find where the assertValue function is, all you need to do is make it immediately return on entry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: