Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to block cheat engine?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
limbo dance
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: How to block cheat engine? Reply with quote

Somebody is destroying my multiplayer online game if I get good enough.

Most of the time they just disable me for a second or two so I lose, but it also happened they took over my character and played game with it, while I could only watch.

I got the suggestion they're doing it with Cheat engine and I'd really like to find a way to stop that. Is there any way I could stop people destroying other people's games with this tool? Thanks.

Sorry for mistakes, English is not my first language. I hope the question is understandable, though.
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disclaimer: not an expert

If you're the game developer then basically don't trust the client to hold any information (store it all on the server and only use it if it's from the server), so basically the only thing you trust from the client is input (wasd, clicks etc.), even then you can get bots but at least they're just automating things and not straight up changing things in memory or otherwise reporting false information that you trust.

If you're not the game dev, talk to the game dev. It's their job not yours to make sure people don't interfere with your game, especially for online games.

However, this sounds far more like a RAT (remote administration tool) which allows someone to hijack your computer (there are legit reasons, eg software support) than it does cheat engine. So I'd take your computer to an IT professional and have them check it for malware or just completely reinstall everything depending on how much of an inconvenience that would be for you (of course if you are using software from the internet, or elsewhere, that you have reason not to trust don't reinstall those or you'll likely end up in the same position lol).
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, multiplayer game is hosted on other player PC.

I remember playing L4D versus game mode. When my team was winning and server owner was in opposite team, weird things started to happen. You can do many things when you have installed tools/plugins from alliedmods.net and you are owner of server. Many things can happen when owner of the game server also joins the game.

Maybe something similar happened to you?

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your responses.

As I don't know much about computers I've asked about the issue on some other forum and I got the answer, that somebody is doing that by using CE program. I believed.

The problem seems way more serious, as somebody seem to took over my entire computer, not only the game. So I'm guessing I'll have to search for the solution elsewhere.

Sorry for bothering you for no reason.
mgr.inz.Player
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as somebody seem to took over my entire computer

Not necessarily. If you connected to the game server, where one of the players owns the game server, that person can take control of your game character. It can be done with mods/tools/plugins/CheatEngine/whatever.

For example: I can host Borderlands2 game. If you connect to my game, I can throw your character out of the map, change physics (you will move very slow, or too fast), and etc. All of this by changing some values in borderlands2.exe process on my machine (not yours).

You didn't mention the name of game, so I can only guess...

Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you may have a have a trojan RAT installed on your pc, it maybe tricky to uninstall if you give more infoes maybe we can help you!
limbo dance
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's possible it was a trojan or something similar. After my first post my computer began to behave strangely. Mouse pointer moving by itself, trying to open different programs.
After that I panicked, disconnected from the web and went for a clean installation on formatted disc.

I'm regretting that decision a bit, as I also wiped all the information about "who, how and why"

I guess I should just act more self protective from now on, and hoping it won't happen again.

I went way offtopic. Not intentionally as at first I really thought CE was to blame. I hope replying like this and trying to explain the situation doesn't breach the forum rules too much.
Viloresi
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

limbo dance wrote:
Yeah, it's possible it was a trojan or something similar. After my first post my computer began to behave strangely. Mouse pointer moving by itself, trying to open different programs.
After that I panicked, disconnected from the web and went for a clean installation on formatted disc.

I'm regretting that decision a bit, as I also wiped all the information about "who, how and why"

I guess I should just act more self protective from now on, and hoping it won't happen again.

I went way offtopic. Not intentionally as at first I really thought CE was to blame. I hope replying like this and trying to explain the situation doesn't breach the forum rules too much.

The best way is to format your pc, watch out from the files you run in your pc, expecially the .exe ones.
Also mind to install a good antivirus like Avast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: