Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with infinite lives

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaylaserket
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Help with infinite lives Reply with quote

I'm playing the Demon Tower minigame in Night In The Woods and I need help with getting infinite lives on the last level. I was able to get infinite lives on all the other levels but not the final level. The problem is that I only get one life on the final level (You start out with 9 lives on level 1 and the number of lives goes down as you play the game) so I can't scan for lives, get hurt, scan again and repeat until I get the one address.

So I was wondering if there was a way to get unlimited lives when you only have one life?
FreeER
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First idea is to see if you could find a pointer, second is to see if you could find the code that's decreasing / setting the lives at the start of each level and prevent it from doing so (or even setting it to 999, etc.)... the second is probably outside your capability if you're brand new to CE but you should be able to follow a pointer scanning tutorial.

Stephen Chapman (h3xic here if I recall correctly) has a nice tutorial series including one on pointer scanning:

(I don't think I can post links yet but this should be relatively easy to copy/paste)
https:
//youtube.
com/
watch?v=MiCoP2MrDOU
&t=585s
&list=PLNffuWEygffbbT9Vz-Y1NXQxv2m6mrmHr
&index=8

You can probably jump to about 11 minutes in... I haven't seen it recently though so I don't remember how much was covered in this particular video, I just skipped to the middle and moved backwards until I saw him start a pointer scan.

I don't have the game right now to test anything however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: