Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enum target handles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ulysse31
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Enum target handles Reply with quote

1/Is there a way to enum target process handles with CE, much like Ollydbg does ?

2/
I am reversing IPC (from process A to process B) using WM_COPYDATA, the hwnd used to make the sendmessage call isn't a window handle that my OS will yield to me through enumwindows (I supposedly have all the windows hwnd).

Considering the fact that this sendmessage function returns 1 which means the target window processed the call, considering the fact that process A is the parent process of process B and considering the fact I have all window handle and can't match the hwnd argument call with any of them, would the most plausible explanation be that the hwnd used from process A is a pseudo handle (afaik it's a handle that doesn't have system wide meaning) ?
atom0s

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Unsure, don't see anything in the main.lua that exposes something like this. You could write out a script to EnumWindows manually if you needed to though.

2. The handle could be owned by a child within the main window. Be sure that you are not just enumerating and checking top-level windows, but also the children of the window. (This includes other child windows as well as controls on the window. A handle does not have to be associated with a full blown window.)

ulysse31
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atom0s wrote:

2. The handle could be owned by a child within the main window. Be sure that you are not just enumerating and checking top-level windows, but also the children of the window. (This includes other child windows as well as controls on the window. A handle does not have to be associated with a full blown window.)

(Thanks, I am enumerating all windows afaik, windows that are invisible and whose sole purpose is to receive messages still appear, I also get several windows per process.
Can this be a pseudo-handle tho ? If it was, it'd be normal that my console program enumerating all windows doesn't get an handle that matches ?)

Edit :
Ok, I was not enumerating child windows, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: