Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cant Find Value even after Unknown intiial value search.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MR_K
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Cant Find Value even after Unknown intiial value search. Reply with quote

Hey guys not really a cheat engine expert but I can usually find basic values that I need. Anyway I am having a lot of trouble changing a stat.

I have done an unknown initial value search/All and these are the 4
addresses I have left, the only problem is that changing/Freezing any these does nothing and it just resets the value when I change it.

BTW the 422 is the current value of my stat.

Not sure if I am missing something or there is some other step, but overall just looking for some help, Thanks.

Value1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.84 KB
 Viewed:  11248 Time(s)

Value1.PNG

Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try a changed/unchanged scan method to find it.

also, if it's an online game it's normal it changes back

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
MR_K
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
try a changed/unchanged scan method to find it.

also, if it's an online game it's normal it changes back

That was the method I tried. Also isn't an online game. This is why I having a hard time, not sure what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you did changed/unchanged this is a really small game, you're attached to the wrong process, or you did a unchanged scan when it did get changed, or changed when it was unchanged

MR_K
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
if you did changed/unchanged this is a really small game, you're attached to the wrong process, or you did a unchanged scan when it did get changed, or changed when it was unchanged

Ok I have changed the gold and xp, so I know there is no way im on the wrong process, I must have dun goofed. so there is no way using changed/unchanged I wont find the proper address?
Thanks

EDIT:
OK I found something, I double triple checked and I came up with 6 Addresses, changing them still makes them revert however when I froze all 6 of them it froze my stat but only for 1 instance, IE I took an item off and it didn't change the stat I put it back on same thing, but when I did it again it changed as in it was unfrozen.

Dont really want to turn this into 20 questions but I am not really sure whats going on.
Thanks

Last edited by MR_K on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to enable mem_mapped memory in your scan settings, but seeing you did find gold and xp it won't make sense why your stat would be in there.

If it's a skill distribution system, it's possible the stat only gets affected once you press the apply button, or get out of the menu completely. If you scan during the window, there's a good chance you throw away the correct address

MR_K
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
You may want to enable mem_mapped memory in your scan settings, but seeing you did find gold and xp it won't make sense why your stat would be in there.

If it's a skill distribution system, it's possible the stat only gets affected once you press the apply button, or get out of the menu completely. If you scan during the window, there's a good chance you throw away the correct address

Did you see my edit?
That's a good Idea I might open re open the menu after every changed/unchanged scan

EDIT: Sigh came up with the same results. I always end up with 2 Doubles 1 floater and a 4byte.

Second EDIT: I thought I had fucking done did it, I had traversed through time and space and god had given me the answer to all my problems. OK jokes aside ive stumbled upon something I don't understand even slightly , I used the "what writes to this address option" and a few things popped up no idea what any of it means I decided to write click the one with lots of zeros.

Anyway I clicked the "replace with code that does nothing" option and just filled it out with 99s went back into the game and refreshed my character and it had increased my stat by almost 1000, anytime I refreshed my character it would increase further.

I went into a battle and my character was strong(This is where I had believed I had become a god among gods), however after a few battles I realized the other mage enemy npcs also benefited from this(Focus=mage spells power increase) and fucking smote my party like my party had never been smote before.

Now I am sad and have lost all hope in life and cheat engine and am even further from my goal of getting that sweet stat boost.
Why is life so hard?

value2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.73 KB
 Viewed:  11141 Time(s)

value2.PNG

Capturewe.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.99 KB
 Viewed:  11141 Time(s)

Capturewe.PNG

kl0wn
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably need to find some unique identifier that tells you between the enemies so you only edit your stats. Or if you can find a pointer to the stats you want.

Care to share what game or is this secret? Shocked
MR_K
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure the the game is dragon blade 2, its free on windows10, have a crack at it its a pain in the ass for me, item values gold xp, no problem but I cant find anything on stats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: