Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Needed: Finding hidden values in a game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustMee
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Help Needed: Finding hidden values in a game Reply with quote

Hi All Smile

I'm a total newbie here and this seems to be a bit complicated, so I would really appreciate your assistance here.

I am trying to find hidden values for characters where these characters belong to different teams and possess a group of visible values and another set of hidden values.

I can easily get the ID of each character and ofc I can see all values for visible fields, but how can I find out the invisible fields knowing that they are probably coded on the same screen showing visible fields?

It is worth mentioning that each field has a text label, so the obvious method (as per my limited knowledge) to differentiate between which value is which is by the field label for each value.

And with any solution proposed do I need to open specific windows to allow scanning to work?

A million thanks in advance!

Last edited by JustMee on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
JustMee
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up
JustMee
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

up
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can up for eternity but you won't get the kind of reply you're hoping. Think why?

I read your post thrice and i am still clueless what the heck you're talking about. Help us help you

Onim
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Help Needed: Finding hidden values in a game Reply with quote

JustMee wrote:
Hi All Smile

I'm a total newbie here and this seems to be a bit complicated, so I would really appreciate your assistance here.

I am trying to find hidden values for characters where these characters belong to different teams and possess a group of visible values and another set of hidden values.

I can easily get the ID of each character and ofc I can see all values for visible fields, but how can I find out the invisible fields knowing that they are probably coded on the same screen showing visible fields?

It is worth mentioning that each field has a text label, so the obvious method (as per my limited knowledge) to differentiate between which value is which is by the field label for each value.

And with any solution proposed do I need to open specific windows to allow scanning to work?

A million thanks in advance!

This is more confusing than my engineering class Laughing

JustMee
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy

Will, I guess I am bit used to my audience easily getting what I talk about when It's not about gaming and more about business training!

Ok, so here is another attempt, hopefully someone gets it. Idea

In the game, I command a faction, team, whatever u wanna call it against other teams. Each has an army of characters (let's say soldiers). Each character has properties or skills like for example strength, range, speed, etc with a random value for each.

For all the characters, whether on my team or other teams, all skill values are visible and I can see them clearly. Other skills exist which are hidden, so these I can't see their values for neither my characters or characters for other teams.

Now, I would like to use CE to identify the hidden values of these skills for any character I open its profile page. I believe that would be possible, but it seems complicated for a non-code intelligent person like me Very Happy

I understand that I can use CE to scan for values whether numbers or text while a specific profile is opened, but how can I can scan for a value that is unknown and is different per Character?

I hope I've explained it a bit better Smile
Onim
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you don't know the value as long as you know you could change the value somehow then you can find it. That's why you should go finish the CE build-in tutorial. It's very important to get started with Cheat engine. It takes sometime but worthwhile in the long run.
JustMee
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue here is that the hidden values don't change since they're personality traits and not something that changes like energy or hit points.

This is the challenge I'm facing and was hoping an expert member could help out here.
Onim
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are lucky then the trait address is in the same structure as the hit point and etc. You can try finding three character structure. For example searct two character which have the same trait and the other one different then use dissect data/structure and compare them.
JustMee
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so here is what I accomplished and where I currently stand:

I go to any warrior's profile and I used three known traits filling in a search by value type "Grouped" using 4p:* and I was able to find almost the entire structure of traits missing a few.

I used something like this in search:

4p:* 4p:xxx 4p:yyy 4p:* 4p:* 4p:* 4p:* 4p:* 4p:* 4p:* 4p:*
where xxx and yyy are known values
I found a few addresses all containing the series of trait values up to a certain trait then it does not continue with the remaining traits. Some hidden trait values have been also found which is good. My goal for now is merely find the full series of trait values including hidden ones, so this was progress.

Now with the problems:
- Every time I move to another warrior profile, the addresses no longer represent trait values. Even if I go back to the same profile, the addresses will change and I have to search every single time for a match which is not always easy.

- Sometimes, from the profile I only know the range of the trait value, so for example I know that Accuracy is between 450 and 500 but I don't know the exact value, so is it possible to write the search combining Grouped scan + value between 450 and 500 for example

- With the constantly changing addresses I don't think Dissect would work since values are being stored in random addresses every time. Or is there a workaround?

This is really difficult!!

Confused
JustMee
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No support on the above?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: