Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

As a pro user, few suggestions for future CE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
broly7
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: As a pro user, few suggestions for future CE Reply with quote

Hi there, wish Darkbyte reads me. This is the best software made in Delphi, in my humble opinion. I am a Delphi coder too.

Im going to fill up this, as ideas are coming to my mind.
-let's make ctrl+D works also in address bottom panel
-make a fixed address display at the bottom of mem viewer, so if im debugging and i set to display RCX, it always follows up RCX address on stepping or breaking.
-In x64 function of «select function» should ignore nops to determine end of func.
[FIXED]-In x64, when selecting register R8, it copies string R8, SHOULDNT
-In hex viewer upon pressing ctrl+g, it copies top address, not selected address
-In LUA assembler, some switch or button to reset context from debugger_onbreakpoint, since i need to run lua manually always to set it back to nil
-«Set conditional breakpoints» text could be saved, for future uses.
-In dissasembler or hex viewer, right click context panel, add go to meminfo.allocationbase.
-In hex viewer, selected bytes, right click, save to file
-Ability to change name of veh debugger dll, for injection, in order to avoid antidebuggers.
-Ability to change name of Cheatengine caption.
-Option to disable pop ups upon pressing F5 to bp, or asking for software bps...
-Option to switch between debugging modes without closing CE, currently necessary...
-Ctrl+G inputbox, needs some predictive module list names, or/and shortcut name to go to base address (first module name), in order to save time, if my process is called «gyrkvfthjlpkvxfrlbvfrjbv.exe»

Opened to have further suggestions from me.
Thanks. Will donate in btc if you accept.

Last edited by broly7 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll check it out

also try the latest version, i think the r8 thing was fixed there and breakpoints can be assigned their own independant function

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
broly7
Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump this topic, added new suggestions.
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: As a pro user, few suggestions for future CE Reply with quote

i believe you are referring to opening "Structure Dissect" from the main window's address list (i.e. memory record panel)? this should be already possible with "Ctrl+Alt+D", and "Ctrl+Alt+A" opens the "Auto Assembler". this is stated in the F1 help file under "Main Interface - Address/Cheat list".

-In dissasembler or hex viewer, right click context panel, add go to meminfo.allocationbase.

what do you mean by meminfo.allocationbase? if you're referring to the module base address, i have an extension that displays exactly that which you can copy into "Ctrl+G Goto Address". check my sig.

i will put the suggestions below into my todo list but i will implement them as Lua extensions.
-make a fixed address display at the bottom of mem viewer, so if im debugging and i set to display RCX, it always follows up RCX address on stepping or breaking.

i take it that "follows up RCX address" means to dereference the pointer contained in RCX? if so i should also add a option for selecting the data type for the dereferenced value?
i don't think you meant showing the value of RCX right? because that's already shown in the debug panel.

this should be simple to do.

Execute the code below in Lua Engine.
Code:
getApplication().Title = "Enter your caption here"

Advanced Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: As a pro user, few suggestions for future CE Reply with quote

predprey wrote:

i believe you are referring to opening "Structure Dissect" from the main window's address list (i.e. memory record panel)? this should be already possible with "Ctrl+Alt+D", and "Ctrl+Alt+A" opens the "Auto Assembler". this is stated in the F1 help file under "Main Interface - Address/Cheat list".
No, i'm regarding to open dissasembler window (Top memviewer panel) to the address recorded. Same as you do when looking for values, you can either CTRL+B (hex viewer) or CTRL+D (opcodes viewer).

what do you mean by meminfo.allocationbase? if you're referring to the module base address, i have an extension that displays exactly that which you can copy into "Ctrl+G Goto Address". check my sig.

It's not module allocation base at all, because sometimes i want to got to base address but PEB has no Module linked.

i will put the suggestions below into my todo list but i will implement them as Lua extensions.

i take it that "follows up RCX address" means to dereference the pointer contained in RCX? if so i should also add a option for selecting the data type for the dereferenced value?
i don't think you meant showing the value of RCX right? because that's already shown in the debug panel.

Yes i meant showing RCX value all the time. I already know you have the register's values at right side, but i always have to select RCX, copy content (address), go to hex viewer, CTRL+G and paste content to go to RCX, i need to skip this, by locking RCX value in hex viewer all the time, everytime i press F8 for example.

this should be simple to do.
Easy, but Darkbyte ignoring?

Execute the code below in Lua Engine.
Code:
getApplication().Title = "Enter your caption here"

Thanks a lot for this command, altough would be nice to be saved on each execution of CE
predprey
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, i'm regarding to open dissasembler window (Top memviewer panel) to the address recorded. Same as you do when looking for values, you can either CTRL+B (hex viewer) or CTRL+D (opcodes viewer).

isn't it already working? hex viewer and disassembler for the address list.

It's not module allocation base at all, because sometimes i want to got to base address but PEB has no Module linked.

i have no idea what PEB (Process Environment Block?) is so i think i will skip this.

Yes i meant showing RCX value all the time. I already know you have the register's values at right side, but i always have to select RCX, copy content (address), go to hex viewer, CTRL+G and paste content to go to RCX, i need to skip this, by locking RCX value in hex viewer all the time, everytime i press F8 for example.

ok, now i get what you mean. i think i will just set it as a debug_onbreakpoint event function which automatically updates the hexview.

Easy, but Darkbyte ignoring?

i meant that it should be simple enough for me to finish up the code quickly.
EDIT: and...it's done. added to CEnhancer

Thanks a lot for this command, altough would be nice to be saved on each execution of CE

save the command in a .lua file and put it in the CE/autorun folder?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: