Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organizing a table under one Script.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taibreah
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Organizing a table under one Script. Reply with quote

I'm now trying learn using injection copies (read a tutorial on it) in my tables so I can see the actual values. I have successfully created working scripts and the pointers are directly below each script; there are 3 of them, but it seems very unorganized this way because each of them are nested under the other.

Is there a way I should be editing the script to have all 3 pointers neatly under one script only?

Here is what the table looks like activated, side by side with game.

Edit: Removed the old CT

Screenshot-Eldurim-CT.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  313.76 KB
 Viewed:  8433 Time(s)

Screenshot-Eldurim-CT.png

Last edited by Taibreah on Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried finding a parent structure to each pointer? Possibly 1 level up.

For example, you might have something like:
[base+100]+10 is health
[base+108]+10 is stamina
[base+110]+10 is ikhor

That way you'd only need to find 1 address and then adjust the pointers to each stat.

Debug each instruction and find a common address in the registers of each.
Then use the structure dissect to see if you are able to find each stat from there.
Taibreah
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Health, Stamina, and Ikhor were all in different registers. How can I make that work in one script? I'm thinking that maybe I'm not understanding what you mean above.

Since posting the topic I've gone back into the game and I've found and made some changes:
1. Health is at [rcx+10] // The code is unchanged from the original code, it's still movss xmm12,[rcx+10]

2. Stamina has been changed to [rcx+10] //In my original script it was [rbx+10]. I changed the code to movss [rcx+10],xmm0 because that also worked.

3. Ikhor has been changed to [rcx+0C] //In my original script it was [rdi+0C]. The script works both ways, but I think I'm supposed to use registers that are all RCX, right? I changed the code to movss xmm0,[rcx+0C]

Now that all 3 registers match, how can I make the one script with the 3 pointers? Thanks.

I've re-uploaded the CT with the changes.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debug each instruction and show a screenshot of the registers for each.
Also, paste some of the code above the instruction, maybe it'll be useful.
Taibreah
Cheater

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I don't entirely understand how to debug my code as I've never used the Debugger, so hopefully what I've shown is right.

Here are screenshots of some of the code that are above the instruction along with one of each registers in the right hand window, is that correct?

The pointers for the screenshots below were:
Health: P->09AC9E90
Stamina: P->E731A260
Ikhor: P->E731A1CC

1-Health Code.png
 Description:
Health Code and Registers
 Filesize:  73.07 KB
 Viewed:  8328 Time(s)

1-Health Code.png

2-Stamina Code.png
 Description:
Stamina Code and Registers
 Filesize:  62.75 KB

2-Stamina Code.png

3-Ikhor Code.png
 Description:
Ikhor Code and Registers
 Filesize:  60.35 KB

3-Ikhor Code.png

++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With different injection points, you can combine multiple scripts in to one. CE will do this for you, automatically, as many times as you want:

Example
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Perfect, that first screenshot for health shows the parent structure.
Code:
mov rcx,[rax+00002530]

So at this instruction, you should instead be saving the register RAX (55C12D60).
Now your health pointer should be: [[player]+2530]+10
It is very likely that this same structure holds a pointer to your stamina and ikhor.
If you're lucky, it will be: [[player]+2538]+10 or [[player]+2540]+10
Search through the memory within that new structure for the stamina address (E731A260).
It will be very far down from that new base structure (around the offset of hex 2530).
Taibreah
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Zanzer:
Great, that worked with the Health and Stamina. You were right about Stamina being at [player]+2538+10. By the way, how did you know that rcx,[rax+2530] was the player structure? Is it usually found by looking a little above the player's health?

As for the Ikhor, I wasn't able to find it so far looking through the player structure. I tried [player]+2540+10 through [player]+2660+10 with no luck. Should I be looking even further down, or is the offset suppose to be different, because Ikhor was the only one that came up with the offset of 0C, and not 10. This was the Ikhor code: movss xmm0,[rcx+0C]. I don't know if it matters, but Ikhor will always return to zero, it does it's regeneration opposite; the more you use the more it goes up and then goes back down to zero as being "fully regenerated". Thanks for all your help.

@Methos:
Thanks for those examples. I'll try that method as well in another CT, as I am aiming to learn all possible ways to do these things.

PS: Adding a new screenshot of what I've got so far from the player structure and how I input the pointers information.

playerstructure-StaminaHealth.png
 Description:
I know I forgot to change the Stamina type from 4-bytes to Float in the pointer screenshot, but I did changed it when I saved it.
 Filesize:  41.77 KB
 Viewed:  8193 Time(s)

playerstructure-StaminaHealth.png

Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the instruction accessing health used RCX, I just looked above to see if something was populating RCX.

You could perform an 8-byte hex search for the ikhor base address (E731A1C0 above).
Simply set the Start and Stop addresses within CE to match the player structure.
In your original screenshots, start at 55C12D60 and stop at 55C2000.

If it's not found then it's possibly several pointers deeper.
Taibreah
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out what it was, I could have sworn I had gone across that address before, but I think the last time I didn't use the offset C, and that's what it was. Ikhor ended up being [player]+2548+C. Yay, I learned something new and now I can release the table. Thanks again for helping me, I'm sure I'll be asking more questions later on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: