Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New 651 Update Comes with Malware

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arimai
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: New 651 Update Comes with Malware Reply with quote

Why am I forced to install an unwanted third party program to install Cheat Engine? That fucking Safe Finder of yours acted like a damn virus and hijacked my browsers. Please fix this problem. Put an option to skip installing these shit third party programs as you did in previous versions of cheat engine. I would be more than happy to donate to Cheat Engine directly. I am not happy about having unwanted programs and advertising hijacking my computer.

As it is I'm not going to use 6.5.1 Not when I am forced to accept Safe Finder to continue the install.
DaSpamer
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheat engine doesn't force you to install anything.
You need pay more attention as those adware are tricky, you should look always for 'decline' buttons, 'install' check boxes, and skip buttons, they might appear in different locations in the installer, and sometimes also 'blend' (such as setting the color of the text to light gray so it's hard to notice).

Just did a fresh install of cheat engine, and noticed that as soon as I pressed install, declined and skipped all adware installs.

My CETrainer will generate it for you in seconds, so you won't get lazy! Very Happy

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=564919
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=583267&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Search before you post. I just noticed your registration date is 2014, 2 years here and you're still as green as they come.

Arimai
Cheater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaSpamer wrote:
Cheat engine doesn't force you to install anything.
You need pay more attention as those adware are tricky, you should look always for 'decline' buttons, 'install' check boxes, and skip buttons, they might appear in different locations in the installer, and sometimes also 'blend' (such as setting the color of the text to light gray so it's hard to notice).

Just did a fresh install of cheat engine, and noticed that as soon as I pressed install, declined and skipped all adware installs.

http://imgur.com/OpL9wxz

That is what appears. So either the copy I downloaded is from a phishing site which is doubtful since I downloaded it from the main page. Or the installer is corrupted.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happens when you click on the checkbox next to advanced? (grey doesn't mean unclickable)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
b0b
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, just signed up because I noticed this same thing during install and, having seen plenty enough 3rd party installs that screw my system, I am concerned about upgrading to the new version.

As Arimai mentioned and posted the image, I stopped on that screen too. There is no decline option on that screen nor on any other leading up to it, and there is no ability to work around the Safe Finder thing (and it even seems to indicate that in the agreement on the first page). When clicking on the Advanced option, it shows a check box that allows me to uncheck it to prevent it from "personalizing" my browser settings, but nowhere does that say that it does not install it. Unfortunately it seems I cannot post a url (due to being a new member) to link an image of the screen in question.

As per aforementioned bad experiences with 3rd party installs, I am not moving forward past this screen. I paid too much money for [i]this[/i] computer to mess it up by taking a chance (I've messed up enough computers in the past because they were cheap and I didn't care).

(All-in-all, I would like to thank the creator of Cheat Engine because it is a nice program to use, and I am happy with using it)
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should be able to upload images (preferably .png )
that way I can move it forward to the advertiser network manager and see what it's about

also, try http://cheatengine.org/download/CheatEngine651NoSetup.rar

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
b0b
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Retry Reply with quote

Sorry for how long this took. I completely forgot I posted >_>

Alright, let's see if I can do the image thing now.

EDIT: Yay, it worked Very Happy Also, thanks for the no setup zip. Works like a charm Smile

ce651.jpg
 Description:
Test?
 Filesize:  33.15 KB
 Viewed:  12036 Time(s)

ce651.jpg

Storme
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new version has indeed packed with Malware, spotted on second install.

ce_help.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.96 KB
 Viewed:  11893 Time(s)

ce_help.jpg

STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, just read the post(s) above you.

Although you do deserve some credit for posting in this thread and not opening another one.

They are not bundled, those offers are shown from the internet. Like some dude said above if you unplug your internet, they won't show up or if you block the installer with firewall (who unplugs their internet in this day and age, stupid) it still wont' show those offers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: