Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[solved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
usernotfound
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:17 am    Post subject: [solved] Reply with quote

issue has been solved, thanks for the help

Last edited by usernotfound on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
LastExceed
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok first of all: to post images and urls use
Code:
[img][/img]
[url][/url]

Second, I'd recommend to use the form editor where you can place all that stuff via drag and drop from the toolbar instead of adding all that stuff through the code since it's way easier and saves alot of time.

I don't exactly understand what you're looking for regarding the EditBox, but this is how to use AA in lua:
Code:
AutoAssemble[[
blabla
yourcode
]]

If you have further questions, you can add me on discord and talk to me directly. I'm always open to help newcomers Razz

discord id: LastExceed|chris20194#8727
usernotfound
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LastExceed wrote:
ok first of all: to post images and urls use
Code:
[img][/img]
[url][/url]

Second, I'd recommend to use the form editor where you can place all that stuff via drag and drop from the toolbar instead of adding all that stuff through the code since it's way easier and saves alot of time.

I don't exactly understand what you're looking for regarding the EditBox, but this is how to use AA in lua:
Code:
AutoAssemble[[
blabla
yourcode
]]

If you have further questions, you can add me on discord and talk to me directly. I'm always open to help newcomers Razz

discord id: LastExceed|chris20194#8727

Hey Exceed, thanks alot for the input, I can't actually post direct links via the [img] bbcode because there seems to be a limitation for new users/users with low post count regarding that, which is why I could not use it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

By "drag & drop from the toolbar" you're referring to the Object Inspector right? This is what mine looks like:

puush/q5sMF/98665db474png
puush/q5sNb/921e23d3b1png

(again my apologies for the links)
How would I go about moving my panels so that their visible when a specific tab is selected? Like, switching between pages of the trainer if that makes sense, hopefully I'm being descriptive enough aha.

And I understand how to implement AA into the script, I've already done so before for my toggleboxes on the main cheat panel (I have about 40ish of them), my question regarding editboxes was how could I have an editbox change a value or string in the AA script for a button/checkbox upon user input. Like the examples I gave in the thread.
LastExceed
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you just add me in discord or skype so I can show you directly? Dunno how to put it into words atm

ParkourPenguin
I post too much

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you trying to implement your own page control when CE has one for you? There is a thing called "Page Control" in the form designer. Add it to the form, right click it, and add as many tabs as you want. Put other objects on those tabs.

For the second question about editboxes, you can have the checkbox toggle the Enabled property of the editbox, and make the editbox's OnChange property write whatever value you want to whatever address you want (use a registered symbol if modifying an existing AA script).

usernotfound
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ParkourPenguin wrote:
Why are you trying to implement your own page control when CE has one for you? There is a thing called "Page Control" in the form designer. Add it to the form, right click it, and add as many tabs as you want. Put other objects on those tabs.

For the second question about editboxes, you can have the checkbox toggle the Enabled property of the editbox, and make the editbox's OnChange property write whatever value you want to whatever address you want (use a registered symbol if modifying an existing AA script).

Yes I realize how silly I've been, after experimenting with it a bit more I understand now tab control is done through the Object Inspector. I already had PageControl set up with tabs I just didn't realize how it was supposed to function between pages/panels.

And using these functions I've achieved what I've wanted for switching between pages/panels:

Code:
function TabSheet1Show(sender)
CETrainer.CEPanel1.Visible=false
end
function TabSheet2Show(sender)
CETrainer.CEPanel1.Visible=true
end

I appreciate the tip on editboxes as well, I've managed to get that sorted out thanks to your advice Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: