Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lua Script should NOT nop the incomplete Opcodes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kappalord
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Lua Script should NOT nop the incomplete Opcodes Reply with quote

Hey! I basically make some trainers for a game. Now i have found an opcode, if i change the opcode in the single line assembler, it asks me if i want to replace the incomplete opcodes with nops. If i press no, the opcode works. But if i press yes, the game crashes. But by default, lua script replace the incomplete opcodes with nops. How do i set it up, that lua wont replace the incomplete opcodes with ops?

My method to add the opcode to my table:
I press CTRL+A on the opcode, go to template and select Cheat Table framework code. Then i press CTRL + I and press enter. Now i change on originalcode the things what i change when i normally change the opcode in memory viewer. If i want to nop it, i put //. Then i assign it to my current cheat table.

Thank you.
Zanzer
I post too much

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not Lua.

You're probably overwriting two instructions and the game is trying to jump to the second instruction.
However, since you injected a JMP in there, the game jumps to the middle of your instruction and crashes.

If all you're trying to do is NOP one instruction, don't use the entire injection template.

Count the number of bytes that the one instruction uses by looking in the memory viewer.

For example, if it's four bytes:
Code:
[ENABLE]
game.exe+offset:
db 90 90 90 90
[DISABLE]
game.exe+offset:
db blah blah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: