Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

table I made works for everyone but me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siuan
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject: table I made works for everyone but me Reply with quote

I am having a very strange issue. I recently had to dual boot Win 8.1 alongside Win 10 because ME2 kept crashing on Win 10 at odd moments. I had used 8.1 for quite awhile with no issues. Now the game is not crashing, but the table I made, which contains a pause camera with tilt and in-game depth of field and tonemapping controls is showing up as all questions marks when I activate the scripts. It seems to be working for everyone else, regardless of OS or whether or not they are using the Steam or Origin version, modded or clean. I have tried running everything as an administrator and three different versions of CE, to no avail.

The table worked fine on Win 10, but the game didn't, hence my decision to dual boot. It is possible that, because ME2 is the only game I have installed on this partition, I may be missing some prerequisite software. I have all the VC++ packages installed and my .NET framework is up to date, but there may still be something missing. I don't think the table itself is the issue.

Thanks for any help anyone is wiling to provide. I was really looking forward to being a total bitch and bringing Legion along for all the missions, but it seems I'm a bit delayed. (I take screenshots, hence the need for this table to work.)

ME2Final.CT
 Description:
In case someone wants to test it. Should work fine, though.

Download
 Filename:  ME2Final.CT
 Filesize:  460.62 KB
 Downloaded:  500 Time(s)

PinPoint
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: table I made works for everyone but me Reply with quote

siuan wrote:
I am having a very strange issue. I recently had to dual boot Win 8.1 alongside Win 10 because ME2 kept crashing on Win 10 at odd moments. I had used 8.1 for quite awhile with no issues. Now the game is not crashing, but the table I made, which contains a pause camera with tilt and in-game depth of field and tonemapping controls is showing up as all questions marks when I activate the scripts. It seems to be working for everyone else, regardless of OS or whether or not they are using the Steam or Origin version, modded or clean. I have tried running everything as an administrator and three different versions of CE, to no avail.

The table worked fine on Win 10, but the game didn't, hence my decision to dual boot. It is possible that, because ME2 is the only game I have installed on this partition, I may be missing some prerequisite software. I have all the VC++ packages installed and my .NET framework is up to date, but there may still be something missing. I don't think the table itself is the issue.

Thanks for any help anyone is wiling to provide. I was really looking forward to being a total bitch and bringing Legion along for all the missions, but it seems I'm a bit delayed. (I take screenshots, hence the need for this table to work.)

Try using AOB injection instead of just code injection for your scripts.

Also, you should to allocate memory to the label you are copying the base address into. So instead of using label() and registersymbol() you could use globalalloc().

so for your camera script you would replace

label(pCamera)
registersymbol(pCamera)

with

globalalloc(pCamera,4).

or just replace the label(pCamera) with alloc(pCamera,4)

Dont define it either as you have done with
pCamera:
db 0
if this gets done after copying the base address, all you are doing it changing it back to 0 so it wont point to anything.

Last edited by PinPoint on Tue May 03, 2016 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cake-san
Grandmaster Cheater

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like PinPoint had mention,use AOB injection template or if you're more experience you can get address without any injection by going deeper to find the base address.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you reinstall the game?

what you can try is just copy/paste the files from the win10 install over your win8 version (and stop automatic updates)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
siuan
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out it was the "Better ME2" mod. I hadn't installed it this time around, and I'm not 100% sure what it changes, but now it works after installing it. What I'm really wondering is why it works for anyone else. That mod was suggested to people on my guide on DeadEndThrills, but not anywhere else that the table was for download. Well, whatever, it's fixed.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Edit: just in case anyone is reading this, I did a quick poll of people I know using the table and they all installed the PCC Patcher or the Better ME2 mod in order to get console access, so that's why nobody ever complained that it didn't work. I doubt anyone shooting this game would want to do so without console access. So that answers that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: