Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using AoB Scan to find address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erfg1
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Using AoB Scan to find address Reply with quote

I tried pointer scanning and finding what accesses and writes to the address, but it always changes. So I browsed the memory and took note of the changes and here is what I ended up with.

?? ?? 38 C5 ?? ?? BF 42 ?? ?? ?? 3E ?? ?? ?? ??
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

That will point me to the address of Player X coordinate. But how do I make a script that finds that address and allows me to type in whatever float value I want my player's X coordinate to be? I would guess it would be some kind of LUA script that finds the address and then prompts me for what float value I want? Not sure how to script that...

OPEN SOURCE OBJECTIVE-C MACOS TRAINER DYLIB: https://github.com/erfg12/memory-dylib
PinPoint
Expert Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Using AoB Scan to find address This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

erfg1 wrote:
I tried pointer scanning and finding what accesses and writes to the address, but it always changes. So I browsed the memory and took note of the changes and here is what I ended up with.

?? ?? 38 C5 ?? ?? BF 42 ?? ?? ?? 3E ?? ?? ?? ??
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

That will point me to the address of Player X coordinate. But how do I make a script that finds that address and allows me to type in whatever float value I want my player's X coordinate to be? I would guess it would be some kind of LUA script that finds the address and then prompts me for what float value I want? Not sure how to script that...

This isn't a lua way but something like this in auto assembler will work
Code:
[ENABLE]
aobscan(BASE,?? ?? 38 C5 ?? ?? BF 42 ?? ?? ?? 3E ?? ?? ?? ?? 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00)
label(_base)
registersymbol(_base)

BASE:
_base:

[DISABLE]
unregistersymbol(_base)

then add an address manually as "_base" with type float. when you toggle the script the value will go into the address [assuming that the first byte of the aob is the address you want. Say the address you wanted was the 10th byte from the start of the aob, you would add the address "_base+a"]

Rydian has 2 good tutorials on basic AOB's and AOB to data in the "Cheat Engine Tutorials" section
erfg1
Cheater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked perfectly! Thanks PinPoint!

OPEN SOURCE OBJECTIVE-C MACOS TRAINER DYLIB: https://github.com/erfg12/memory-dylib
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: