Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slowing time in Firefox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randomderpx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Slowing time in Firefox Reply with quote

Hi,

recently i have been filling in online forms/tests that have time limits. For some of these using the Cheat Enngine speedhack on Firefox works in slowing the time and thus giving me more time to fill in the forms. For others however, it does not work. It does seem to slow the timer, but the timer then just jumps 5 seconds ahead every 5 seconds if i slow to 0,2. I have tried tracking what writes to the timer and changing or disabling that in the disassembler, and while this seems to stop the timer, it also crashes the browser in a minute or so. I have also tried slowing windows system time, but this results in immediate crashing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance,

Morris
Randomderpx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now also tried disabling the internet connection to see whether the time was being actively called from the web. The time still worked offline however, suggesting to me that it is completely client sided and should be hackable. Any tips?
Randomderpx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed Windows 98 on an older machine and was able to slow down the system time with a program i found. It works the same as we used to slow down the clocktime of the CPU when games old games were running too fast on newer machines a long time ago. With this setup i can use Internet Explorer and essentially slow everything down and thus have achieved my purpose. I am still interested to know if anyone still has any suggestions on how to do this in Windows 7. Or am i being ignored cause of my low forum post counter?
++METHOS
I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

morris123 wrote:
I am still interested to know if anyone still has any suggestions on how to do this in Windows 7.
-Use a virtual machine?

morris123 wrote:
Or am i being ignored cause of my low forum post counter?
-No. But it sounds like you are trying to cheat in real life. Very Happy
Randomderpx
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
-Use a virtual machine?

That sounds like an excellent suggestion. Thanks.

Quote:
-No. But it sounds like you are trying to cheat in real life.

I'm sorry, i don't get it. Real life as opposed to fake life? Maybe you are wondering what i am trying to achieve. I am doing tests and the like where the result is just an arbitrary number that is insignificant to me, however, i really like the questions in the quizzes i do and because i have dyslexia i need more time to read the questions. Does this signify real or fake life to you?
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are going to think worse of cheating on tests that aren't inside a videogame (and thus have actual repercussions), no matter how you word it. If it's something that's just for fun, you can just tell us and/or give more details. But refusal to answer and a defensive stance gives the wrong kind of signal, that you may be trying to do something we won't want to help with.

That said, you can try a virtual machine with save states or rollback, so to speak.

I post too much

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Rydian said. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: