Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Help] Auto Confirm "Yes to all" when running lua

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navmesh
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: [Help] Auto Confirm "Yes to all" when running lua Reply with quote

hi , please help
when i run a table that contain lua script ,cheatengine always ask this
"This table contain the lua script ,do you want to run it ?"
is it possible to make cheat engine auto choose "yes to all" (no confirmation)
Thanks alot
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that dialog has 4 buttons. One of them will give you that option
Also, there is an option in settings that lets you do that

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
navmesh
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
I think that dialog has 4 buttons. One of them will give you that option
Also, there is an option in settings that lets you do that

Thank you for the help

Yes, it has 4 buttons, and i want it to choose "yes to all" automatically

i know and i already uncheck the box " ask to run lua script from table" and check the box "always run lua script from table" in "Settings" but it only works (no confirmation)when i open cheat engine and drop the .CT file into it
if I open the .CT file by double-clicking it (instead of dragging into cheat engine), the confirmation dialog still appears

when i run the game and execute the .CT file
the lua script's confirmation dialog appears and it makes my game minimized (my game runs in full screen)

my purpose is : i don't want my game is minimized each time i execute the .CT file

please tell me how to do that
Thanks alot
cheatoraque
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Annoying Confirmation Prompt Reply with quote

I'm having the same unresolved problem, using CE 6.4.

No matter what I choose at the Confirmation prompt ("Yes to All") and no matter what my settings are (unchecked "Ask to run", checked "Always run"), opening a .CT file always pops up the Confirmation prompt.

My changes to settings are preserved after each CE session, but that one setting appears to have no effect either way.

Thanks for any help on this.
cheatoraque
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: re: Annoying Confirmation Prompt Reply with quote

As a temporary workaround I'm extracting the Lua portion of my .CT file (copied from within CE, not from the file directly) and dropping it into /Cheat Engine 6.4/autorun/ as a .LUA file.

Although it's not as convenient as having the confirmation settings fixed, it's a nice feature.
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of doubleclicking the .CT, open it using the open dialog inside ce (launching from the windows shell has been fixed for next version)

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
cheatoraque
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
launching from the windows shell has been fixed for next version

Excellent, thanks!

And good to know about opening the .CT file through the Open dialog. In my case, that's a little more effort vs double clicking the .CT file and hitting space (to allow the script), but I expect it may help others.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install CE normally, in your documents folder there's My Cheat Tables, save your .CT there with the same name as the executable and when you attack to the executable CE will offer to load that .CT for you immediately?
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
Install CE normally, in your documents folder there's My Cheat Tables, save your .CT there with the same name as the executable and when you attack to the executable CE will offer to load that .CT for you immediately?

Another helpful suggestion, appreciated! That could certainly streamline Dark Byte's method. The thing is I'd still have to open CE, manually attach the process, and then confirm loading the .CT file. From that point the script is automatically run without a prompt, which is good, but to get to that point I have to confirm the .CT prompt instead. I don't see a way to always automatically load matching .CT files.

I tried eliminating the step of manually attaching the process by setting CE to automatically attach, but it seems attachments done that way will not scan My Cheat Tables for related .CT files.

The idea originally was to be ultra lazy and get it all done in a single step. Opening my .CT would open CE, and the first line of the contained Lua script would automatically attach CE to a process with openProcess(). If it wasn't for the confirmation prompt, everything would be up and running in a mere double click.

After moving the script portion to the autorun directory, I have achieved the same effect. It's just a small initial hassle when I want to switch projects, swapping Lua scripts in/out of autorun, but I tend to stick to one project until completion so it's an overall improvement.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you save the file as .cetrainer instead of .ct, when launching that it should auto run lua stuff without asking, and you can have this in the lua code to make it attach as well IIRC.

getAutoAttachList().add("whatever.exe")

How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rydian wrote:
If you save the file as .cetrainer instead of .ct, when launching that it should auto run lua stuff without asking

Thanks, that's a perfect solution for my completed projects. Smile

For works in progress I like to interact with CE to test things, but this method hides the CE window. I tried adding unhideMainCEwindow(); to the end of the Lua inside the .cetrainer and it works for a millisecond, then hides again. So close, darn!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: