Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to search for items/abilities in a game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guibuni
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: How to search for items/abilities in a game Reply with quote

Hello there , i'm new using Cheat Engine and i tried searching the best i could but to no avail.

The thing is , i want to find the adress/value of all of the abilities in Final Fantasy XIII , someone made a list for XIII-2 and while a lot of them are common in both games, some are not and on top of that , some works in one game and not the other.

All of the abilities have a value similar to these:
ma000_00
aat500_00
wp_at_atbup5

And so on , i can find some of them by using Shinkansen trainer and changing equipment or developing characters in-game , but there are many that are not available to the player by any normal means but i can say for sure they are usable.

Some enemies can use powerful spells/passives and i want to find the value so i can make my characters use them.

If anyone is kind enough to help me you have my thanks.
Rydian
Grandmaster Cheater Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you right-click one of the entries in your table and choose "find what accesses this address", and find code that accesses it when it's used or when the battle starts or something? Maybe Writes too but mostly Accesses in this case.

Preferably not code that runs constantly, but if you can only find code that runs constantly that'll do.

Basically try to find some code that does something on that name/address... then click it in the results window and click "Show Disassembler". The in the new window, right-click the line it highlighted, and choose "find what addresses this instruction accesses". And assuming that battle code is shared between players and monsters, the new window showing addresses should show new addresses for attacks or something.

I've never played that game, but this is how I'd go about it at least.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> General Gamehacking All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: