Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Cheat Engine on Andy Emulator v .41

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou1082
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Using Cheat Engine on Andy Emulator v .41 Reply with quote

I am now trying to hack Android games using a different emulator called Andy. Andy is an Android emulator that utilizes VirtualBox to allow users to run Android apps from their PC. (andyroid.net)

I am using Andy v .41 with VirtualBox 4.3.20.

I tried the same method that I used to search for currency values when I ran the game using BlueStacks (using the process "00000000-[Physical Memory]" and searching for exact values). However, this is not working when my game is running in the Andy emulator. (I always get 0 results my I try to sieve the inital results for the new currency value.) I tried searching the addresses 0x00000000 - 0x7fffffff and 0x80000000 - 0xffffffff.

Given that I have 32 GB of physical memory installed in a 64-bit environment:

Will I need to expand my search to addresses greater than 0xffffffff?
If so. what memory addresses are safe to search (without crashing my system (BSOD))?
Will I really be able to find my exact currency value using Cheat Engine for windows?
Will I need to install cetest.apk on my Andy virtual machine?

Computer specs:
i5-3470 (4-core 3.2 GHz CPU)
32 GB DDRAM
Win7 64-bit
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6.4 should be safe enough to scan all

but have you tried the andy related processes? perhaps physical memory is not required with that emulator

Like my help? Join me on Patreon so i can keep helping
Lightmaxime
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, could you explain how? I have this emulator too, but I'm not even sure I'm looking in the right process... Since there are multiples "Headless VBox" processes...
Lightmaxime
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so it seems apps running in the Android VM (Andy) are all called "VBoxHeadless", so you have to open them and search which one is the right one.

Well, it kinda complicates writing a script, since you'll need to open the processes and look for relevant strings at script execution...
Lou1082
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so andy came out with an update (v .42). I installed it and finally got my app to run after many headaches.

Follow lightmaxime's advice, I was able to see 3 processes called "VBoxHeadless". Now, the problem is, what address range do I choose? I mean, the default range for the 64-bit version of Cheat Engine 6.4 is from 0x0000000000000000 to 0x7fffffffffffffff (that's 16 hex digits!). Even one scan at this range will take virtually forever!

Do you have any tips on narrowing down the possible search range?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only tips I can give it to not use kernelmode memory access for process access, because that will be slow
and get faster RAM. scanning from 0 to 0x7ffffffffffffffff with no gaps between it only takes a couple of seconds (unless you do an unknown initial value scan or scan for a value smaller than 5 )

Greyman
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use CEServer for Android.

I used to struggle the way you did, but now my [well-known online mobile game] bot has come leaps and bounds since discovering it.
Lou1082
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Byte wrote:
only tips I can give it to not use kernelmode memory access for process access, because that will be slow
and get faster RAM. scanning from 0 to 0x7ffffffffffffffff with no gaps between it only takes a couple of seconds (unless you do an unknown initial value scan or scan for a value smaller than 5 )

Thank you so much, Dark Byte. This worked. Even searching for the value '0' took at most 2 seconds by disabling kernelmode memory access. This works with Andy v .42 running VirtualBox 4.3.20, searching the bottommost "VBoxHeadless" process. Using Andy instead of BlueStacks, my game runs much noticeably faster when there is a lot of stuff going on on screen. This is why I came to you for help. Very Happy

Perhaps one day, I might be able to find an ARM disassembler that could work in conjunction with Andy.
Lightmaxime
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Greyman : Could you tell us how to use CEServer? Only thing I was able to find is a download link in another thread.

At the moment, I have found the player structure in the VBoxHeadless process, but I cannot attach a debugger to the process (supposedly because it's from Andy emulator) so I cannot find the good address without finding my particular values back again in CE, and then cannot use them to write a script... Any workaround?
Dark Byte
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem is that ceserver doesn't support x86-32 debugging yet (only ARM and x86-64) and i'm not sure andy implements hardware breakpoints

I'd say try pointers, but the released ce 6.4 doesn't get the proper module sizes(skips bss part) so it won't be able to identify static pointers

pekhe
How do I cheat?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy was updated to version 4.3 .

I tried to follow the instructions on this thread but got stuck at the very same point OP did.

I tried to change the 'Memory Scan Options' values to '0x0000000000000000' and '0x7fffffffffffffff' but it gave me an error "invalid stop address".

Can you guys give some advice? I always get 0 results my I try to sieve the initial results for the new currency value.

I went through all 3 'VBoxHeadless' processes. Help.
dista
Cheater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

want to ask, what is the right settings in cheat engine 6.4 to use in any android emulator beside Andy such as Bluestacks, Droid4X, etc...
i see in the web there are many settings for cheat engine.

tried it with latest bluestacks (rooted) and scan with integer 4 bytes. at first found many address then filter, don't found the address. but when change to double found it. then change the value yet it seems the value back to normal.

So guys, what is the right settings for Cheat Engine 6.4? i know we must choose Physical Memory.

Also if may, someone know what options/steps if using Artmoney with Bluestacks. from what i see only in cheat engine can choose Physical Memory.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: