Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

patching a script into an android game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dariendark
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: patching a script into an android game Reply with quote

Hi everyone. Not sure if this is the right section to be posting this. If not feel free to move it. Now I know some basic scripting can be placed onto android games via the server. But sadly this means that we can't leave the safety of our home Wifi. Ive tried loading a table into the apk in order to use pointers. But that just crashed it. What I'm asking is what are the possibilities of turning a script into a patch to be applied a la lucky patcher style. If its impossible then any links to to tutorials on how to make custom patches would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advanced.
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That depends on if android system allows modification of other processes/apps files. I don't know if that is possible, probably not considering how limited permissions are for process to process communication in android.

You can mod the apk though and then use that modded apk to give you cheats (not on-the-fly patching), afaik that is how most hacks for android games are made. My friend g3nuin3 has written an excellent tutorial on android game reversing (involves modding the apk) that you might want to check here

http://bangreverse.me/blog/?p=128

dariendark
Newbie cheater

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks STN, i'll check it out and post a tutorial of my own if I figure out how to incorporate cheatengine functionnality into the process
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine Lua Scripting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: