Cheat Engine Forum Index Cheat Engine
The Official Site of Cheat Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible to decompile any program written in C++?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hackerdvm
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Is it possible to decompile any program written in C++? Reply with quote

So my main question as the topic say's is it possible to actually decompile a written program that has already been assembled?

I know for a fact that people or people have worked on ways to decompile written programs already.

I was just wondering it there is a way out there to decompile any program written in C++ to the public. I also know that most text books will tell you that once a program is written it cannot be backwards engineered.

I want to take a look at a .ASI file and reformat it to a .DLL and use a stealth inject rather then Alexander blades pile of shit hook Laughing.

The reason I want to do this is because with a .DLL its harder to find vs a straight hook if you hook by the game itself with a stealth or the method of doing a Directx hook its harder to detect Wink.

This doesn't have to be related to game hacking I would just like to see if one can get source code by using methods and I don't see why its not possible.

P.S.
Excuse my English it's rough and needs work it's also late at night.

JACKPOT BOIS!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwMuMSPW3bU
STN
I post too much

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Written in C++ ? No, you can only debug it. The reason being C++ compiler generates close to assembly/machine code. Unless you have the pdb file which i know you don't. You can debug though and can figure out pretty easily once you have a mediocre of asm knowledge.

VB/Delphi/C#/Other shitty bloated languages : sure you can decompile them because they produce an intermediate code and are managed language. There are programs that obfuscate the code which makes it hard but definitely ways around that.

I am not sure what you are trying to do and can't be bothered to google what extension asi is for but i assume you mean the GTA V hook by Alexander blades ? I am not sure you are allowed to do that because even if POS, its his work and i for one won't help you with stealing someone else's work even if its for improvement.

Good luck

atom0s

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plugins for tools like IDA allow you to partially decompile C/C++ applications (As well as as others like ARM and more.)

Look into HexRays and SmartDec for IDA.

Keep in mind the output generated by them is guess work at best, in some cases it works near perfect, in other cases it can be completely wrong. So when using them don't think that the output you see is 100% correct.

hackerdvm
Master Cheater

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STN wrote:
Written in C++ ? No, you can only debug it. The reason being C++ compiler generates close to assembly/machine code. Unless you have the pdb file which i know you don't. You can debug though and can figure out pretty easily once you have a mediocre of asm knowledge.

VB/Delphi/C#/Other shitty bloated languages : sure you can decompile them because they produce an intermediate code and are managed language. There are programs that obfuscate the code which makes it hard but definitely ways around that.

I am not sure what you are trying to do and can't be bothered to google what extension asi is for but i assume you mean the GTA V hook by Alexander blades ? I am not sure you are allowed to do that because even if POS, its his work and i for one won't help you with stealing someone else's work even if its for improvement.

Good luck

atom0s wrote:
Plugins for tools like IDA allow you to partially decompile C/C++ applications (As well as as others like ARM and more.)

Look into HexRays and SmartDec for IDA.

Keep in mind the output generated by them is guess work at best, in some cases it works near perfect, in other cases it can be completely wrong. So when using them don't think that the output you see is 100% correct.

I just want to take a mod and change the .ASI extension to .DLL and re-code it so I can crack the online features that are not on which was requested by Alexander blade.

The mod I want to crack is the Endavour mod by Welsh and Sabotage since alexander blade requested that the online features were disabled and I also don't like his hook since its not stealthy as I would like for Online use.

Since I could make my own hook using a Injector with stealth injection or functions of a Directx hook method. I don't really agree with Alexander blade with how he wants to produce his hook and a real hacker completely disassembles everything and doesn't tell how people should use it when they release it.

I for one could give less craps about what one person wants but that is just because I am a rebel.

Also thank you for the advice I will be looking into that once I get a Distribution of Kali and get into writing in python and java.

JACKPOT BOIS!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwMuMSPW3bU
atom0s

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not support online / multiplayer hacking on this forum.
http://forum.cheatengine.org/faq.php#0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cheat Engine Forum Index -> Cheat Engine All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: